New Job Fire Assistant Ii (Part-Time/Permanent) In Alberta
Fire Assistant II (Part-Time/Permanent)
Company : City of Wetaskiwin
Salary : $23.45 - $28.84 an hour
Location : Alberta
# CS-21- 49
$23.45 to $28.84 hourly
November 24, 2021
December 8, 2021 11:59 PM
Fire Assistant II (Part-Time/Permanent)
Are you interested in being a core contributor to the Wetaskiwin Fire Services Department? Do you demonstrate excellent organizational skills with the ability to interact courteously with internal and external customers? If so, we’d like to introduce you to our part time permanent Office Assistant ll (Fire) position opening!
Reporting to the Fire Chief, the OAII role is based on a 29-hour part time work week, working 8:30-4:30 Mondays and Fridays, with the flexibility of hours in between. This role will provide administrative support to the Fire Services team, by preparing and editing daily, weekly, and monthly documentation and reports. The OAII will have the responsibility of time entry for firefighter renumeration, writing and editing correspondence for incident invoicing, and maintains statistical data through the Fire Pro reporting system. Liaise with representatives from the County of Wetaskiwin, and the Zone 2 Rural Fire Board. Strong customer service skills for internal and external clients are required.
You are the ideal candidate if…
- You can provide excellent customer service and always maintain professionalism
- You enjoy data entry and have an eye for detail.
- You have high organization standards
- You are strongly motivated to learn, eager to meet (or exceed) basic requirements
- Have team player attitude
- You are confident, resourceful, and a highly motivated self-starter who can work independently with minimum supervision.
- You have a professional attitude with exceptional organizational, prioritization, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Provide internal and external customer service, office administration and preparation of documents.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Fire Chief, Deputy Chief.
- Performs and supports general office duties such as: managing phone calls; addressing unexpected/urgent requests; retrieving and sorting mail; maintains efficient paper and electronics filing systems.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, type agendas and record team-meeting minutes.
- Variety of word processing, which may include complex memos, letters, file updates, monthly and ad-hoc reports, statistics, research, etc.
- Payroll data entry
- Prepare invoices and purchase orders, receive inventory, and provide documentation for payment to be processed and communicate with vendors.
- Maintain schedules and assist with events.
- Manage office consumables and work with vendors and service providers to keep office systems always functioning smoothly.
- Work with communications department: assist with distribution of newsletters and events, mailers, email as needed.
- Design, format, create and distribute advertisements. Coordinate with vendors, organize agendas, attendees and maintain financial records
- Driving city owned vehicles for maintenance.
Education and Work Experience
- Grade 12 PLUS Office Administration certificate or diploma preferred
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills for internal and external publics.
- Ability to foster positive relationships with City employees, vendors, community stakeholders and the public.
- Ability to Identify opportunities for improvement, and work with the fire team to implement.
- Ability to identify and redesign workflow processes.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Act with professionalism at all times.
- Highly confidential and acts with integrity and honesty.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with a strong sense of urgency under minimal supervision.
- Able to work independently within a team environment
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning, and discretion
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Word and Excel are required
- Previous experience working with complex reporting systems, or the ability to train in this program.
- Customer service oriented.
- Experience working in an office setting, preferably municipal.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills, with the ability to multi-task.
Successful candidates will need to be double vaccinated or provide a negative rapid COVID19 test result. The City is providing testing kits at this time, however this is based on supply. If testing kits cannot be procured as long as required, employee’s will be responsible to get rapid tested on their own time and at their own expense.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resumes to [email protected]
The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement will be utilized for this Employment Opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Applicants are thanked in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.