New Job Finance Officer In Northwest Territories
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $82,000 - $98,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
Sahtu Divisional Education Council
The Finance Officer reports to the Supervisor of Business Affairs and is responsible for maintaining and monitoring the day to day financial accounting and payroll systems. They are responsible for maintaining and monitoring internal controls within the Division office and for monitoring the financial reports and processes under the direction of the Supervisor of Business Affairs.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Incumbent must be highly organized and able to prioritize work effectively.
- They must have excellent time management skills and be able to multitask;
- Must have training and knowledge of accounting procedures and policies, including
- Purchasing, commitment accounting, accounts payable systems, accounts receivable systems and payroll;
- Must have a strong working knowledge in Excel This includes the use of pivot tables, macros, V look up and graphs;
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation, directives, regulations, policies and practices in a government organization; and
- Ability to deal with employees, suppliers and the public in a professional manner.
- The candidate should have a two- year accounting diploma from a recognized community college or a university degree with an accounting major and three to five years of experience in an accounting environment.
Sahtu HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
2 MCKENZIE DRIVE
NORMAN WELLS NT X0E 0V0
Tel (867) 587-7150
Fax (867) 587-2173
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.