Finance - Administrative Assistant
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $61,803 - $71,489 a year
Location : Yukon
This is a full-time permanent position, working 75 hours bi-weekly.
Community Services is working to build vibrant, healthy and sustainable Yukon communities. The department does this through the provision of a diverse range of services to Yukon communities. We are committed to our core values. At Community Services we believe Respect is the foundation of our organization, Collaboration is achieved through inclusive approaches and sharing of diverse perspectives, Service Excellence is the standard for all our interactions, and Integrity is achieved through honest, committed and accountable public service.
Reporting to the Director, Public Libraries, this position is responsible for providing a variety of administrative and financial support functions and services for Yukon Public Libraries Branch including planning, coordinating and managing all office administrative matters, analyzing processes/systems to recommend and make appropriate changes. The position also provides procurement services, such as ordering forms, program materials, and office furniture.
If you are self-motivated, a strong team player who thrives in a busy work environment and have a tactful, professional approach to your work, we want to hear from you.
For more information about this position, please contact Melissa Yu Schott at [email protected].
For more information about applying on a Community Services competition, contact Liz Sutton at [email protected].
Please do not email resumes to either of these addresses; resumes may only be accepted through the e-recruitment system.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications – specifically – how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential qualifications shown below. Selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume. When you list your work experience in your resume, please include the month and year you started and ended a job. This allows us to accurately calculate the length of time you were in the position. Candidates will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information.
- Post–secondary coursework in office administration or a related field;
- Experience providing financial support in an office environment such as maintaining contracts, requesting and processing invoices, cheque requisitions, maintaining cash floats, etc.;
- Experience performing a wide variety of administrative support services (i.e., drafting and proofreading documents, maintaining filing systems, working with databases, handling local, domestic and international mail/parcels, etc.);
- Experience providing support to a diverse team in a busy office environment;
- Experience using a variety of computer programs including database software MS Access, Front End, Quest, etc.; and
- Recent experience with Yukon Government’s financial administration processes including strong knowledge of YG financial standards and procedures, , processing Transfer Payment Agreements, and year-end processes would be an asset.
Candidates who have education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work independently and in a team environment
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with a good attention to detail
- Ability to manage continuously changing priorities and take direction from multiple sources
- Ability to maintain confidentiality