New Job Exec Assistant To The Exec Dir In Alberta
Exec Assistant to the Exec Dir
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $52,659 - $64,746 a year
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 18173
Ministry: Community & Social Services
Full or Part-Time: Full-Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: December 7, 2021
Classification: Administrative Support 6
The Department of Community and Social Services leads income, employment, disabilities and community-based supports, family violence prevention, and family & community support services. To find out more about our work visit:
As part of the Employment and Financial Services Division, the Income Services branch partners with divisions across the ministry and other departments to develop, implement and report on legislated programs which enable financial stability, employment opportunities and social inclusion for all Albertans. This position is part of a team that ensures program policy for Income Support, AISH, and Child Support Service is rooted in the ministry’s strategic objectives and is informed by appropriate advice, context and evaluation. The branch also includes the investigations unit that is responsible for investigation of reported wrongdoing, fraud and abuse of the various social benefit programs. The work of this branch affects over 120,000 clients annually. The AISH and IS programs provide $2 billion a year in benefits to low income Albertans.
No need to sugar coat it – we simply want the BEST! We’re seeking an Executive Assistant with a top notch skill set that can deliver what this role requires.
Do you have experience budgeting and forecasting, while working with highly sensitive information? Can you keep an Executive Director organized, trouble shoot situations and find information without much guidance? Sound like we’re describing you – please keep reading, you might be the skilled EA we’re seeking.
You will need spark and energy to keep up with the demanding pace that comes with supporting an Executive Director. But more importantly you will bring with you the experience from other positions where you’ve provided high level of support while ensuring discretion and prioritization of key activities within the office.
This position provides administrative support to the Executive Director to advance branch priorities. The complexity and high profile nature of the work of the division requires being proactive and adaptable in a rapidly changing environment. In this role, you will coordinate and oversee a variety of administrative functions:
- Manage all aspects of scheduling for the Executive Director; organizing and coordinating meeting logistics, managing e-mail, preparing, reviewing and formatting meeting packages, and following up on action items.
- Ensure review of all incoming correspondence and identification of priority items. Coordination of action requests through the appropriate branch team members in order to meet the deadlines, and submit the response / requests using the Action Request Tracking System (ARTs) as necessary. Connect with Assistant Deputy Minister’s Office to ensure timely responses and consistency with department correspondence requirements.
- Provide financial information for overall branch budget tracking and reporting to Finance, reconcile procurement card expenses, order supplies, and support forecasts for supplies and services.
- Oversee contracts and the invoice processing system.
- Assess and modify branch administrative process to meet the changing needs of the branch and division. Support Issues Manager to develop and maintain administrative operations
- Provide leadership, mentoring and development to administrative team members.
- Setting up systems and processes for effective administrative functions.
- As 1GX Workplace Administrator, act on Executive Director’s direction as it relates to employee/position actions including managing work schedules and entering time and leaves
- Worksite contact – service requests, employee setup.
The successful candidate will also have good judgement skills in dealing with confidential matters, can work independently and as part of a team and be able to build strong working relationship with executives, colleagues and various stakeholders.
Please send us your resume and cover letter explaining how your skills and abilities compliment this role, and if we are intrigued we may invite you for an interview. For more information on what we have to offer you, look at the links in the Notes section on Benefits and the Hiring Process.
High School Diploma with 4 years related Administrative Support experience with budgets, Excel, Word and Outlook, and supervision.
Assets include experience working with:
- Action Tracking System (ARTS), 1GX, SharePoint, Adobe, and virtual meeting technology
- knowledge of policies, procedures, processes, practices associated with responding to Ministerial Action Requests and issues
- knowledge of government administrative protocols, policies and procedures.
- human resources policies and procedures
- 1GX Workplace Administrator
- Service requests, IT trouble shooting, etc.
Equivalencies will be considered.
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
- Drive for Results - set and accomplish goals and priorities, factor in complexity of issues and align plans based on government direction, remove barriers to collaboration, provide informed advice.
- Agility - adapts to changing circumstances, identifies and actions opportunities to improve process and maintains a positive attitude.
- Build Collaborative Environments - Lead and contribute to the conditions and environments that allow people to work collaboratively and productively to achieve desired outcomes.
- Develop Networks – make connections with key stakeholders and maintain effective win/win relationships.
- Creative Problem Solving - Proactively identifies opportunities to improve process or adapt existing practice.
$2,017.62 to $2,480.72 bi-weekly: $52,659 – $64,746/yearly
How To Apply
Hours of Work
36.25 hours per week (full time)
This position may be used to fill future vacancies across the Government of Alberta, at equal or lower classification and salary.
A cover letter outlining why you are applying to this role and how your experience relates to the qualifications is required
Top candidates will be required to undergo security screening.
For more information on the Government of Alberta hiring process, view this link:
What we offer:
- Comprehensive benefits plan:
- Bargaining Unit positions – MyCHOICE
- Pension plan:
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
- Positive workplace culture and work-life balance
The Government of Alberta is implementing a proof of COVID 19 vaccination policy for all Alberta Public Service employees, to improve the health and safety of Alberta Public Service employees and Albertans we serve.
Any candidates in the process for applying for employment with the Government of Alberta, must be able to comply with one of the following:
- Proof of COVID 19 vaccination;
- If you are a successful candidate and have not provided proof of COVID 19 vaccination, you may select to produce a negative PCR (molecular polymerase chain reaction) or rapid test result, date-stamped within 72 hours of every scheduled work day/shift, on an ongoing basis starting on December 14, 2021. These tests will be paid for by the employee;
- Candidates and employees who are unable to get vaccinated based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act may request approval for an exemption and accommodation.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Dawn Bradbury, Talent Acquisition Services Administrator, at [email protected] .
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check