New Job Dietary Aide In Ontario
Company : Region of Waterloo
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Ontario
Portions food, assists Cooks, serves customers, stocks supply carts, counts supplies, assists with large catering functions, sets/clears tables and cleans/sanitize dishes, equipment, and facilities.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of reading, writing, math, food preparation skills, and safe food handling practices, acquired through a Grade 12 education, completion/enrollment in a food services program (e.g., food service worker certificate, cook certificate, food and nutrition diploma), current Safe Food Handling Certificate, plus related experience (or equivalent combination of education/certification and experience).
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Knowledge of Regional and Divisional policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- A tuberculosis (TB) test and annual influenza immunization are required.
- Communication and interpersonal skills in order to respond pleasantly and professionally to demands; communicate effectively with staff, residents, and families; interact appropriately with and have a basic understanding of the geriatric population; and participate as an effective team member.
- Ability to read menu modifications (instructions for special diets), policies and procedures manuals, and work assignment sheets. Ability to write notes on residents’ eating habits, audit forms, tuck shop orders, requisitions, and temperature survey sheets.
- Ability to work shifts, weekend hours, and statutory holidays, as scheduled.
- Must provide an acceptable Police Vulnerable Sector Check (level 3).
- Ability to support and project the Region’s values.
All staff working in Seniors’ Services are required to wear PPE appropriate to their role and meet all legislated infection control and COVID vaccination requirements.