New Job Deptid Support Administrator In Alberta
DeptId Support Administrator
Company : City of Calgary
Salary : $31.72 - $42.44 an hour
Location : Alberta
If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary . City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance, promote physical and psychological safety, and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits . Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life .
The City is committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive and equitable workplace which is representative of the community we serve. We welcome those who have demonstrated a commitment to upholding the values of equity, diversity, inclusion, anti-racism and reconciliation. Applications are encouraged from members of groups that are historically disadvantaged and underrepresented. Accommodations are available during the hiring process, upon request.
As a DeptID Support Administrator, you are a self motivated, customer focused individual to provide assistance to its DeptID Owners (Managers and Supervisors) on sensitive and confidential employee and position related processes and inquiries. Collaborating with and acting on behalf of the DeptID owners. Primary duties include:
- Coordinate the recruitment process including: initiate job posting requests, screen resumes, check qualifications, schedule and conduct interviews, reference checks, liaise with candidates through an extensive recruitment process and coordinate testing.
- Administer the processes associated with position management including additions, deletions and initiate changes to position and employee data.
- Process numerous reports through PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) on an established schedule and upon request and create and maintain a number of tracking reports.
- Analyze data for budget, position and employee information and integrity.
- Respond to inquiries from all levels of business unit staff and potential employment candidates on HR processes.
- Document and communicate information regarding recruitment, on-boarding, employee orientation and status changes.
- Maintain business unit employee, position and budget data records.
- A completed High School diploma or equivalency (e.g. G.E.D.) plus job related coursework (e.g. HR or Business Administration) and at least 5 years of related experience dealing directly with administrative processes within human resources or a similar environment providing client support; OR
- A completed certificate (equivalent to 1 year full-time study) in Human Resources or Business Administration and at least 3 years of experience dealing directly with administrative processes within human resources or a similar environment providing client support.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft HCM and intermediate skills in Microsoft Office will be considered an asset.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in a large organization and unionized environment.
- Must have strong communication, attention to detail, relationship building, quality orientation and customer service skills.
- Possess the ability to manage work effectively through multitasking, and work independently and as part of a team.
- Applicants should thrive on a high volume workload.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Effective November 1, 2021, all City of Calgary employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. For more information, please refer to COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Union: CUPE Local 38
Business Unit: Calgary Recreation
Position Type: Temporary (up to 22 months)
Location: 200 Southland Drive SW
Compensation: Pay Grade 7 $31.72 - 42.44 per hour
Days of Work: This position works weekdays. Some occasional
evening and weekend work may be required.
Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week
Audience: Internal / External
Apply By: December 2, 2021
Job ID #: 304806
Apply for Job