New Job Clk 9R - Senior Clerk In British Columbia
CLK 9R - Senior Clerk
Company : BC Public Service
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
An eligibility list may be established.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required by November 22, 2021. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here.
Do you thrive in a high volume environment? Do you enjoy serving a diversified public? Can you change priorities on a dime?
The day-to-day practice, human resource and operational management of the division’s thirteen Service Delivery Areas (SDA) are the responsibility of the Executive Directors of Service (EDS), supported by Directors of Operations (DOO) who manage Local Service Areas (LSA) and Team Leaders who provide direct supervision of frontline staff. Professional frontline and support staff work directly with children, youth and families throughout the province using a client-centered approach that emphasizes respectful, compassionate, strengths-based and culturally appropriate practices. Staff in the Service Delivery Areas support the potential of children, youth and families to achieve meaningful outcomes.
Reporting to the Office Manager, the Senior Clerk provides administrative support services to the three Surrey Directors of Operations (DOOs) for the South Fraser SDA. The Senior Clerk is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the DOOs for investigations into contracted agencies and family care homes, scheduling, processing including accounts payable/receivables and generating contracts. In addition, the Senior Clerk plays an integral role in coordinating postings, general hiring procedures and other HR-related tasks where appropriate. The position also provides support to the Office Manager in maintaining the day-to-day operations of the office. The position requires a good understanding of professional staff’s requirements and case management techniques as well as a good understanding of programs and community resources.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service is available to applicants that self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, status or non-status, Métis, or Inuit) seeking work or already employed in the BC Public Service. For advice and guidance on applying and/or preparing for an interview for this opportunity, we invite applicants to connect with the Indigenous Applicant Advisor Amanda by email: [email protected] or by phone: 778-698-1336.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact [email protected] DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to [email protected] before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent (GED).
- A minimum of two (2) years secretarial/administrative/clerical experience working in a confidential capacity (Which may include, for example: managing an electronic calendar and/or making travel arrangements and/or booking meetings and appointments, and/or compiling files, correspondence and resource material).
- Minimum 40 wpm typing speed.
- Experience with Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Skype, MS Teams) for word processing, spreadsheets, data entry, email and case management or other database applications.
- Experience working independently and as a team member with a multi-disciplinary environment and with other professional staff, clients and service providers.
- Experience providing administrative and bookkeeping support services for a group of staff.
Preference may be given to applicants with 1 or more of the following:
- A completed certificate or training/course in Office Administration or Administrative Business Skills course or program or other closely related field.
- Experience working in a government human/social services setting.
- Experience with the Management Information System (MIS) and Integrated Case Management System (ICM).
- Experience with the MARS (Corporate Data Warehouse) CAS (Corporate Accounting System) Oracle System.
- Experience with CRMS and ARCS/ORCS.
- Experience with TALM (Time and Leave Management).
- Experience with Incident Monitor requests.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC and CRRA - A Criminal Record Check (CRC) and Criminal Record Review Act Check (CRRA) will be required.
Cover letter: NO - Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES - A resume is required as part of your application; however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES - As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.