New Job Circulation Assistant In Ontario
Company : City of Richmond Hill
Salary : $24.41 - $29.08 an hour
Location : Ontario
In a manner consistent with Richmond Hill Public Library’s overall vision and purpose, responsible for circulation of materials, interpretation of policies and collection of fines, fees and other monies. Delivers excellent customer service in a culture of values.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports a welcoming library environment.
- Circulates library materials using the library materials management system.
- Registers library patrons and updates records when necessary. Collects fines/fees and other monies in accordance with library policies and practice.
- Assists and instructs library patrons in the usage of library equipment (e.g. audio-visual equipment, photocopier, print release station, self-check unit).
- Assists with patron reserves as required - capturing reserved materials at return point, checking and finding material from reserve list.
- Answers simple directional questions and performs basic title and author searches when necessary on the telephone and in person.
- Responds to patron complaints, interprets library policies and where appropriate, refers to the relevant department or administrative staff.
- Participates on committees and interdepartmental teams, and attends relevant meetings, workshops and courses as required.
- Responsible for observing and following all established occupational health and safety procedures, to be aware of hazards in the workplace and preventative measures taken. Takes an active part in protecting oneself, fellow staff members and library property by reporting all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures. Adheres to the Employee Health and Safety Manual and to the Richmond Hill Public Library Health and Safety Policy.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum keyboarding speed of 35 w.p.m.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Commitment to superior customer service
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Library experience preferred.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of word processing and library computer applications an asset.
Richmond Hill Public Library Values
- Intellectual Freedom
- Literacy and Lifelong Learning
About Richmond Hill Public Library
Richmond Hill Public Library is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. If contacted to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if you require an accommodation.
This position may be relocated to another location in the future to meet service needs for the community. All applicants should understand that the ability to work at any library location is a requirement of this position.
The Library will require a current Vulnerable Sector Screening from the successful applicant as a condition of employment.
Please note, to be considered for a career opportunity at the Richmond Hill Public Library you must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada (or the World Health Organization). You may also be required to receive any COVID-19 boosters recommended by public health authorities. The Richmond Hill Public Library will consider cases requiring accommodation as stipulated by relevant employment standards legislation or regulation and/or the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Attention Internal Candidates: All current City of Richmond Hill employees are required to apply via the ‘View Jobs for Current Employees’ link on the City’s Careers Page.