New Job Carpenter - Maintenance Technician In Northwest Territories
Carpenter - Maintenance Technician
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $83,000 - $100,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
The Department of Infrastructure (INF) provides high quality services to the public and Government of the Northwest Territories’ (GNWT) departments, boards and agencies including the planning, design, construction, acquisition, operation and maintenance of public transportation infrastructure and the buildings, works and equipment required for the GNWT to deliver its programs and services. INF makes essential petroleum products available for sale to the public where these products are not provided by the private sector, and promotes the development and increased use of energy efficient technologies. INF also regulates electrical and mechanical safety services and licenses individuals and vehicles operating in the territory.
For more information please refer to the Department of Infrastructure website at http://www.inf.gov.nt.ca/
Located in Hay River, the Carpenter-Maintenance Technician will complete carpentry and other various South Slave Region works in accordance with work orders, plans and specifications to ensure GNWT buildings and works are well maintained. The successful incumbent will also be responsible for the installation and maintenance of a variety of types of doors and windows, and perform locksmith duties.
The critical knowledge, skills and abilities required for this position are:
- Knowledge of the National Building Codes and "Good Building Practices for Northern Facilities".
- Knowledge of the current Health and Safety Act and Regulations, proper infection control practice in health centers when completing maintenance and repairs.
- Knowledge of building construction, renovations, and maintenance systems.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications for installation.
- Ability to supervise and train apprentices and casual staff.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications (MS Work, Excel, Outlook, Adobe).
- Knowledge of electrical wiring and programming of overhead doors, ability to wind large, high power springs and assemble mechanical components or machine parts for overhead doors.
The above knowledge, skills and abilities are typically attained by:
- Certification Journeyman Carpenter with 7 Years' experience, including the following specific minimums:
- 3 Years' experience in repairing, maintaining, and renovating commercial buildings and in finishing carpentry;
- 2 Years' experience with various overhead and electronic door systems;
- 1 Year experience locksmithing.
Hay River HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
209 62 WOODLAND DRIVE
HAY RIVER, NT X0E 1G1
Tel (867) 874-5085
Fax (867) 874-5095
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.