New Job Caregiver For Senior: North West Calgary (Between Calgary And Cochrane) In Alberta
Caregiver for Senior: North West Calgary (between Calgary and Cochrane)
Company : Granddaughters Personal Care Inc.
Salary : $17 - $20 an hour
Location : Alberta
Granddaughters Personal Care Inc. 2009 is Calgary based Home Care agency that is dedicated to providing the highest standard of care for our vulnerable population. During this sensitive time, we are actively looking for the most compassionate and dedicated individuals, to join our family and truly make a difference in the lives of those that need us most. Our relationships extend not only to those we care for, but to the families that they love. This is a family experience, and our relationships are so critical to ensure that we continue to provide the highest level of private care possible.
We are currently looking for 2 Health Care Aides/Memory Care (or related experience in Personal Care/Memory Care) that have at least 2 years related experience. This position is 2-3 hours each morning 7 days/week, including weekends, so flexibility during the day is crucial. Occasional afternoon visits may be implemented as well. The position is located between Calgary and Cochrane, so proximity is crucial. We will hire 2 team members for this role to share the responsibilities.
(we are recruiting for immediate roles, and for our future client and family requirements)
- Provide personal care within individual Care Plan guidelines.
- Understand of the extreme importance of safety in care, and adhering to all requirements for safety of client, family and employee.
- Committed to understanding the individual(s) in care and developing a trusting relationship with the client and the family.
- Some meal preparation and help with meals.
- Diligent attention to safety protocols and reporting.
- Light housekeeping and general house upkeep.
- Medication reminders
- Experience and understanding of Dementia Care.
- Reliable, regular and accurate reporting to both management and family.
Granddaughters Personal Care HCA Team Members are required to:
- Have certification as Health Care Aide in the province of Alberta (or equivalent)
- Be registered on the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory (if applicable)
- Have a current Police Clearance with Vulnerable Sector check within 3 months of date of application
- Have current First Aid and CPR training
- Experience those living with Dementia (2 years)
- Have valid Drivers license and access to vehicle
- Have an extremely compassionate presence and commitment to care.
All applicants being considered will be contacted by the owner of Granddaughters Personal Care directly. Those individuals who have direct care experience, without and HCA designation will be considered on a case by case basis.
GPC is dedicated to the safety of those we care for, their families, our staff and community. We will be partnering Caregivers with this as an important priority for the safety of all.
Hoping that you and your family are all safe and healthy. Thank you for being open to continue caring for those vulnerable individuals that need our love and care. We send our love to you all.
At Granddaughters Personal Care, we are all one family and look forward to meeting those unique individuals that would like to join us in our passion for providing care and love, safely.
Take good care,
Part-time hours: 8-16 per week
Application Deadline: 2021-11-03
Expected Start Date: 2021-11-08
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
- Personal Care: 2 years (preferred)
- Memory Care: 2 years (preferred)
- Health Care Aide Certificate (preferred)
- Current Police Clearance (within 3 months) (preferred)
- First Aid/CPR Certification (preferred)
- Drivers license and access to vehicle (preferred)
- Day Shift (preferred)