New Job Business Systems Analyst In Manitoba
Business Systems Analyst
Company : City of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Under the general direction of the Supervisor of the Business Systems Analysis, the Business Systems Analyst is responsible for soliciting, communicating, analyzing, and documenting the needs of various departmental stakeholders. The Business Systems Analyst will gather and elicit requirements, analyze and design business processes, develop project documentation, and develop test plans for various Departmental IT projects.
As the Business Systems Analyst you will:
- Meet with subject matter experts, technical staff, and other stakeholders to understand, document, and communicate requirements.
- Solicit requirements and perform gap analysis through interviews, workshops, and reviews of existing documentation/procedures; create system and process models, specifications, storyboards, and diagrams to conceptualize software designs.
- Work with vendor to design and configure SampleManager as per business needs and requirements.
- Manage change requests and ensure on-going system compliance with established standards.
- Integrate new and existing technologies into business processes, analyzing the effectiveness and efficiency of these processes, defining opportunities for improvements, assessing organizational change capability and system impacts, and making recommendations.
- Develop and support the creation of Request for Proposals (RFP) and Business Cases.
- Prepare test plans, test cases, and test scripts.
- Perform functional, integration, and regression testing and provide guidance in user acceptance testing.
- Perform other related duties consistent with the classification, as assigned.
Your education and qualifications include:
- A University Degree or Diploma in a related discipline (Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration) or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- At least 3 years of progressive business systems analysis experience, with command of business analysis techniques and tools including waterfall and iterative (agile scrum) software development methodologies.
- Experience leading the analysis effort on major initiatives; ability to lead meetings and design sessions to develop both business and technical specifications.
- Experience in business and systems requirements analysis (process/data modeling, use cases, user stories, root cause analysis, etc.).
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills with the ability to resolve conflicts, consult, and work with different levels of staff, management and external vendors.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with the ability to facilitate discussions.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills; able to tactfully render sound judgment and offer thoughtful advice within tight time frames under stressful working conditions and able to analyze complex issues and to develop and implement practical solutions and tools.
- Possess a strong knowledge of IT concepts and IT project life cycle.
- Experience in creating test plans, writing test cases, and software application testing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees at all levels of the organization, external contacts and the public, in accordance with the Respectful Workplace Standard.
- Knowledge of Thermo Fisher LIMS Sample Manager is preferred.
Conditions of employment:
- The successful applicant must maintain legal eligibility to work in Canada. If the successful applicant possesses a work permit, it is their responsibility to ensure the permit remains valid.
- A Police Information Check satisfactory to the employer will be required from the successful candidate, at their expense.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Manitoba Class 5 Driver’s Licence.
CORE COMPETENCIES FOR ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented