New Job Bioc 220 - Laboratory Methods In Biochemistry And Molecular Biology 1 In Quebec
BIOC 220 - LABORATORY METHODS IN BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY 1
Company : McGill University
Salary : $32.38 an hour
Location : Quebec
Hiring Unit: Department of Biochemistry
Course Title and Course Number: BIOC 220 - LABORATORY METHODS IN BIOCHEMISTRY AND MOLECULAR BIOLOGY 1
Estimated Number of Positions: 1
Total Hours of Work per Term: 25
Position Summary: Required Duties:
· Meet with Course Coordinator before start of course.
· Provide tutorials on Endnote, Excel and Word.
(1) Student enrolled in the Graduate Program of the Biochemistry Department
(2) Student has at least one-year experience in the graduate program
(3) E xperience using Endnote, Excel and Word is essential.
Language Requirements: Effective communication skills in English are essential. French beneficial.
Make sure you apply as either internal or external, based on your current status in Workday (at McGill)
- Before you proceed as an internal candidates
- You must log into the VPN before logging into Workday to access the functionality described below. Also, keep in mind that Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) is mandatory for VPN use. Further information regarding 2FA can be found at the following site: https://www.mcgill.ca/2fa/
- A McGill Graduate Student with an active job(s)/contract(s) in Workday > applies as an Internal Candidate.
- Review the information found here before you apply as external https://www.mcgill.ca/hr/files/hr/workday_guide_for_applying_to_ta_positions.pdf
- A McGill Graduate Student that has held previous jobs/contracts at the university and currently does not have an active job in Workday > applies as an External Candidate.
All qualified candidates must complete the Biochemistry MS form before submitting their application.
Please note that given the resumption of most in-person teaching activities in the Fall, Teaching Assistants will be required on campus to perform their tasks in person. Should government restrictions prohibit the resumption of in-person teaching activities, courses will revert to remote teaching. In the event of such a change, Teaching Assistants will be advised as soon as possible. Teaching Assistants may be required to perform tasks suited to a remote/online teaching environment using a virtual learning platform [e.g., Zoom, WebEx] and the McGill myCourses learning management system.
Veuillez noter qu’en raison de la reprise de la plupart des activités d’enseignement en personne, la présence des auxiliaires d’enseignements sera requise sur le campus pour exercer leurs tâches. Si les restrictions gouvernementales interdisent la reprise de l'enseignement en personne, les cours reviendront à l'enseignement à distance. Dans l'éventualité d'un tel changement, les auxiliaires d’enseignements seront informés sans délai. Les auxiliaires d’enseignements peuvent être appelés à préparer et à présenter du matériel didactique adapté à un environnement d'enseignement à distance/en ligne en utilisant une plateforme d'apprentissage virtuelle (p. ex., Zoom, WebEx) et myCourses, le système de gestion de l'apprentissage de McGill.
Position Start Date:
Position End Date:
Deadline to Apply:
McGill University hires on the basis of merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome applications from racialized persons/visible minorities, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, as well as from all qualified candidates with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. McGill implements an employment equity program and encourages members of designated groups to self-identify. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected] .