New Job Analyst, Accounts Payable In Ontario
Analyst, Accounts Payable
Company : City of Ottawa
Salary : $66,308 - $80,681 a year
Location : Ontario
Requisition ID: 927
Department: Innovative Client Services Department
Service: Supply Services
Branch: Strategic Sourcing Branch
Employment Type: Up to 3 Full-time Temporary - Up to 1 year
Work Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary Information: $66,308.06 - $80,680.60 annually (2019 rates of pay)
Location: 100 Constellation Drive
Job Category: Administrative Jobs
Application Close: 03/12/2021
The mandate of Supply Services is to ensure procurement activities (valued at approximately $1 billion annually) and payment activities (valued at approximately $3 billion annually) are undertaken with a strategic corporate outlook, and reflect industry best practice to effectively meet the needs of City departments, the Library Board, Ottawa Police Services and the expectations of Council.
You are responsible for conducting ongoing analysis of operations, reporting results, and providing analytical expertise for special projects in support of the Accounts Payable (AP) program and Supply Services.
You support a high-volume environment that aligns with City-wide strategies, service excellence, initiatives and goals.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of 4 year university degree in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or other related field
Minimum of 2 years of experience in accounting process environment, including financial analysis, and financial modelling.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENCES
- Knowledge of financial controls and processes and Accounts Payable Processing
- Forward thinking, able to provide the right information for management decision
- In depth knowledge of SAP, Markview, Excel
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI)
- Knowledge of the Accounts Payable process, its priorities and challenges
- Understanding the intricacies of how the data is collected, and the resulting affect on reports
- Knowledge of applicable health and safety legislation, including the rights and duties of workers.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Able to understand/appreciate the technical complexities and diversities of the work in order to provide financial management support
- Able to research, analyze and evaluate financial/budgetary issues, interpret data, make decisions, develop appropriate solutions and formulate recommendations
- Able to identify financial tracking and reporting requirements and provide user input to systems enhancements
- Able to administer regulations, laws, and financial/administrative policies/procedures
- Able to work collaboratively
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Possess advanced computer literacy in MS Office Suite in a windows environment, including use of intra/internet
- Able to use Corporate SAP modules/system and work with other advanced computer applications or software
- Analytical and attentive to detail
- Able to understand the impact of the limitations of the source of information
- Creative problem solving
- Excellent communication
- Able to exercise discretion and confidentiality
- Flexible and adaptable to deal with shifting priorities
- Able to demonstrate sound judgment and initiative
- Able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- Possess initiative and self-motivation
- Possess a strong customer service orientation
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Language Requirement: English oral, reading, writing
- Police Record Check: The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Records and Judicial Matters Check with the Police Services detachment in their jurisdiction to the City of Ottawa’s satisfaction.; Police record checks completed by a third-party company will not be accepted.
- The City of Ottawa has a Mandatory Vaccination Policy which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment
- Temporarily working remotely due to Covid-19.
- Experience and formal training combined with demonstrated performance and ability may substitute for stipulated academic requirements.
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The City of Ottawa promotes the principles of diversity and inclusion and adheres to the tenets of the Canadian Human Rights Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples and persons of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.
The City of Ottawa provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted to proceed to the selection process, please advise us if you require any accommodation.
Accessible formats and communication supports are available upon request. Please contact the HR Service Centre at 613-580-2424, extension 47411.