New Job Accounting Services Analyst In Manitoba
Accounting Services Analyst
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $59,179 - $71,038 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
This competition is to fill three positions: one in Accounting Services and the other two in Fiscal Planning and Reporting.
An eligibility list may be created to fill similar term/full-time, regular/full-time positions within the branch and will remain in effect for 6 months.
This position supports senior management to carry out financial management activities related to the Department of Agriculture and Resource Development.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Must possess and maintain a satisfactory criminal record check
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License with the ability to travel throughout Manitoba
- Post secondary education in financial management or accounting or an equivalent combination of education, training and related experience maybe considered.
- Experience in financial management and reporting including the ability to review, analyze, interpret, identify and solve problems related to budgets, cash flows, forecasts, and/or operations.
- Experience interpreting financial and administrative policies, procedures and regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups and teams
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced work environment
- Strong verbal communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate financial information to a variety of audiences
- Strong written communication skills, including experience writing formal documents such as proposals, requests, and reports for non financial decision makers at various levels
- Experience with MS Office Suite or equivalent software with proficiency using spreadsheet applications such as Excel including use of complex formulas
- Experience working with SAP or similar data management systems relating to financial management to perform functions such as reconciliation and reporting
- Knowledge of Public Sector Accounting Principles (PSAP) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
This position is responsible for asset and liability controls, applying policies and procedures, in accordance to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Public Sector Accounting Board Guidelines (PSABG) to manage department resources. This includes but not limited to:
- Prepare and review reconciliations on financial control accounts, reporting of assets, expenditures, revenues, and liabilities
- Financial management and reporting, including analysis and interpretation
- Making recommendations to develop and implement basic accounting systems, business processes and internal controls
- Ensure existing accounting information systems, business processes and financial controls operate within departmental policies and procedures
A position description is available upon request.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.