New Job Accounting Clerk In Saskatchewan
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $22.32 - $27.98 an hour
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is an exciting workplace that recognizes and empowers its people, promotes continuous learning and improvement, and provides value for our clients. We offer dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity.
The mission of the Ministry of Immigration and Career Training is to develop, attract and retain a skilled workforce that supports investment and economic growth in Saskatchewan and helps citizens realize their full potential. It takes great people, working together as a team in order to make this happen. Our core values include providing exceptional customer service, treating others with respect, acting with integrity and upholding our commitment to excellence and innovation as one team. Our team demonstrates these values in our daily behaviours.
The Ministry of Immigration and Career Training, Financial Services Unit, providing shared services to the Ministries of Energy and Resources and Trade and Export Development has a three month opportunity for a highly-motivated, service-oriented individual to process expenditures.
Reporting to the Manager of Expenditure Services, your responsibilities will include:
- Processing and auditing invoices, employee expense claims, grants, loans and other requests for payment using the MIDAS accounting system;
- Providing support and training to Ministry staff for Markview, iExpense, financial policies and procedures;
- Creating maintaining and reconciling various financial reports (i.e. the grants reconciliation, ad hoc reporting and the prepaid expenditure report); and
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and year-end expense analysis and accrual reports.
Success in this role demands:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and procedures, as well as the ability to utilize a variety of computer applications and database software including spreadsheets, word processing, Spend Dynamics and Oracle Financials;
- Analytical and attentive to detail when auditing and entering invoices and payment requests, examining, and applying policies, agreements and regulations. as well as compiling, analyzing, and summarizing data and correcting discrepancies;
- A trustworthy and diplomatic professional who earns and sustains trust, respect, and confidence of staff at all levels of the Ministry and suppliers; and
- Using discretion when dealing with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Typically, the knowledge and experience required to achieve the above is obtained through a certificate or diploma in accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
What We Offer
As part of the Saskatchewan public service, working for the Ministry of Immigration and Career training provides you:
- The opportunity to work with purpose to create the opportunity for people to build their careers in the province and support provincial employers to have workers with the right skills at the right time to make Saskatchewan the best place in Canada – to live, to work, to start a business, to get an education, to raise a family and to build a life;
- Professional development and advancement opportunities;
- A comprehensive salary and benefits package including pension;
- Support for work-life balance; and
- Vacation, earned days off (EDO) and other types of leave.
Immigration and Career Training leads efforts to help individuals prepare for, obtain and maintain employment and activities to assist employers with the development, recruitment and retention of workers, consistent with provincial labour market needs.
Trade and Export Development advances economic growth to generate wealth and opportunity in Saskatchewan. The Ministry facilitates a coordinated cross-government approach to attract investment and grow export markets. The Ministry fosters and supports a competitive business environment, facilitates trade and strengthens Saskatchewan’s international relations.
Energy and Resources develops, coordinates, and implements policies and programs to promote the growth and responsible development of the province’s natural resource industries. The Ministry operates as the primary regulatory authority for the oil and gas industry and ensures competitive royalty systems, regulations, and policies for all natural resource sectors. The Ministry also plays an integral role in promoting Saskatchewan’s diverse resource potential to investors around the world.