New Job Territorial Sentence Administrator In Northwest Territories
Territorial Sentence Administrator
Company : Government of the Northwest Territories
Salary : $84,000 - $101,000 a year
Location : Northwest Territories
The mandate of the Department of Justice is to administer justice, including policing, community justice, victims services and corrections in the Northwest Territories. This mandate will be carried out in a manner which respects community and indigenous values and encourages communities to assume increasing responsibilities.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding career? Are you interested in having a positive impact on people’s lives? If the answer is YES, we want to hear from you!
The incumbent is the facility and divisional expert in this area; they are accountable for sentence administration and remand administration that flows from the incumbent' s interpretation of various court orders from Justices of the Peace, Territorial Court Judges and Justices of the NWT Supreme Court and Court of Appeal. This involves examining and interpreting from one to many warrants/documents issued by the same or multiple courts to, with absolute accuracy, calculate persons in custody sentence length, release dates, remission earnings, the need to initiate bail reviews and calculation of fine default warrants.
- This position reports to the Case Management Supervisor.
- Processes 40-50 intakes a week (2000 -2500 per year).
- Provides consultative advice and audit functions to Sentence Administrators (part time) in regional facilities.
- Enters data regularly into the Corrections Offender Management System (COMS).
- Supervises and mentors up to five intake and discharge officers.
- Participates in the orientation, training and mentoring of new employees and/ or relief workers.
- Delegated spending authority (for escorts and persons in custody travel) on a travel budget of $150,000.00 to $170,000.00 per year.
A Post Secondary diploma in a Social Science related field combined with one year of related corrections experience.
Note: If you do not receive electronic notification confirming receipt of your application, please follow up via telephone.