New Job Senior Regulatory Accountability Analyst In Manitoba
Senior Regulatory Accountability Analyst
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $73,307 - $89,686 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
Employment Equity is a factor in selection for this competition. Consideration will be given to Indigenous people, visible minorities and persons with disabilities.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 12 months.
Candidates who do not meet all essential criteria may be considered on an underfill basis at a commensurate rate of pay.
The Regulatory Accountability Secretariat (RAS) provides analytical and decision-making support to the Regulatory Accountability Committee of Cabinet, and leads and co-ordinates the monitoring, analysis and measurement of government regulatory requirements to minimize administrative burdens on external stakeholders. RAS also provides coaching and training for government departments and agencies, and develops and implements new processes and tools to improve the analysis, development and reporting of statutes, regulations, policies and forms.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Post secondary degree in economics, public administration or a related discipline and relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education, experience and skills will be considered.
- Experience in government policy and procedures, including policy, legislation and regulation development; and decision-making processes.
- Experience and acumen in working with and advising senior and executive management.
- Experience in public policy development.
- Extensive experience in quantitative and qualitative research, analysis and data/information management.
- Experience in coaching or the development and delivery of training.
- Written communication skills.
- Verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills including the ability to lead and participate on working groups and teams.
- Experience working with Microsoft (Word, Outlook, Excel, Edge, PowerPoint), collaboration software or equivalent.
- Experience planning and simultaneously managing multiple complex projects.
- Experience with planning and supervising the activities of junior staff.
- Experience working with, and advising Ministers and Ministerial staff.
The Senior Regulatory Accountability Analyst provides analysis, advice and recommendations in support of Director, Secretary, Deputy Ministers, Ministers, RAC and Cabinet, as well as provides guidance and direction to departments and government agencies on regulatory projects.
WHEN APPLYING TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE INDICATE THE ADVERTISEMENT NUMBER AND POSITION TITLE IN THE SUBJECT LINE AND/OR BODY OF YOUR EMAIL.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.