New Job Reception In British Columbia
Company : West Coast Title Search
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Want office experience - Will train (Vancouver)
This position includes a lot of variety. You would be required to answer phones, greet customers, search databases, complete forms, bill invoices, and file or search records in government offices. It requires someone who is comfortable juggling priorities and is able to multi task!
Using a company car, you may also be required to deliver and pick up legal documents from our clients offices. A valid BC Drivers licence is a plus but not required
The successful candidate will be comfortable with computer programs in general. A legal background, either a course or experience would be an asset, but is not required.
We will train the right person. This is a GREAT way to break into office work and/or the legal field, our company is known for sourcing staff who are not always given the chance to break into this field but are punctual, motivated, proactive and able to follow instructions. We are busy but fun and hardworking office and looking for a person with good work ethic and a great attitude.
Interested? Please email your resume to [email protected] to apply, any applications without resumes will not be considered. We will call the selected applications for a preliminary phone interview and move forward with those selected for an interview.
A Front Office Clerk is the primary contact with clients and must present a friendly, competent and professional image of West Coast. They are a part of the team and must perform a variety of clerical and reception duties following established procedure and under a limited amount of supervision. In addition, they are an integral part of the Department. Their typical duties include:
1. Greet everyone who enters the office, and handles their requests appropriately.
2. Use the telephone with confidence; take work requests, respond to client inquiries and/or problems, re-route calls correctly and take messages.
3. Sorts incoming and outgoing work in the Vancouver office, monitoring the flow of work to and from clients offices and our various departments, New Westminster and Victoria offices
4. Forwards work requests by email, to other departments if necessary. Monitors and follow up on missing courier bags between our offices.
5. Deals with incoming and outgoing couriers as well as arranging for messenger staff or couriers to pick up/drop off work. Responsible for all outgoing overnight courier work and waybills and distribution of all Out of Area work.
6. Logs pick up notices received from client and arranges for the pick-up with our internal messengers or through an external courier.
7. Monitors and updates CRM, Client Services, or accounting as required with courier information, address corrections or run errors.
8. Accepts and prints off Web Request notices, and delivers appropriate documents to correct department.
9. Creates cases in Client Services System (CRM) as required, from incoming invoices, web requests, letters, faxes or emails. Ensures all necessary documents are scanned into the case and that all client instructions and information is recorded completely and accurately in the case.
10. Monitors the PS and Vancourt Inbox for any:
- cases/services to be printed, or created
- CRM reminders, deals with appropriately
11. Using Court Services Online, completes online court filings
12. Bills completed Court Services invoices as required, both manually and electronically
13. As required, emails returned work to clients
14. Updates our CRM System with
- returned Process Serving Update sheets
- Process Serving AOA requests
- Process Serving Transfers between areas,
- closes and follows appropriate steps for local services to be transferred to Out of Area
- Updates and bills Cancel and Return invoices for Process Serving
15. Process and record as necessary all incoming and outgoing mail. Monitors and maintains the postage machine.
16. Prepare office materials for, and monitor, incoming/outgoing couriers. Ensure that the office is stocked with sufficient invoices, courier envelopes and waybills.
17. Report need and arranges for maintenance or service of office equipment as required.
18. Maintains an inventory of offices supplies, and completes orders as necessary
19. Assist the other office clerks/registry clerks as necessary or requested and perform duties in their absence.
20. Ensure adequate coverage is provided when absent from workstation during the course of your work.
21. File Out of Area work, local work and other work daily and as necessary
22. Greet Cash Clients, For General Public provide them with appropriate form to fill out, take payment from General Public, create case and forward to appropriate department as necessary
23. Create a Cleaning Schedule to meet the Covid19 Work Safe rules. Monitor and ensure that the front reception desk, front doors, and shared surfaces are cleaned in accordance with the cleaning schedule.
24. Forward phones and perform other miscellaneous end of day tasks.
25. Miscellaneous duties and tasks as requested or assigned (e.g. client runs, message runs, etc.)
Necessary skills and abilities
- Grade 12 education
- Clerical speed and accuracy
- Ability to work well as a team member but also able to work independently
- Ability to learn quickly and to retain necessary information
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in solving problems
Additional skills and abilities
- Professional attitude
- Works well under pressure
- Interest in extremely detailed work
- Excellent Communication skills
May be asked to operate standard office equipment such as:
- Telephone system
- Photocopier / Facsimile machine
- Automobile (automatic transmission)
- Cellular Phone
- Personal computer
- Sage CRM – WCTS Customized version