New Job Project Manager In Alberta
Company : Associated Engineering Group of Companies
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
We currently have an opening for a Project Manager in our Medicine Hat office.
This position will present many opportunities on a variety of tasks and our expectation will be for the candidate to take a lead role on all aspects of business development, project management and project delivery. You are an excellent communicator with strong organizational skills and leadership potential who thrives in a dynamic work environment. You will provide project management and technical expertise on a variety of infrastructure projects, including roads, water mains, sanitary sewers, solid waste, drainage and storm water management for public and private sector clients. You will lead with a forward-thinking approach that promotes a team environment to improve overall group performance and client service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing a leadership role in the preparation of designs, cost estimates, specifications, and contract documents, as well as participating in scheduling, budgeting, tendering, contract administration, and inspection of municipal infrastructure projects.
- Advancing projects through the concept, design, and construction phases; managing existing clients; and developing new clients.
- Delivering projects on budget and within identified schedules.
- Design, design assistance and support to other Project Managers on project delivery.
- Preparing proposals and undertaking business development and marketing initiatives.
- Acting as the primary contact for all project-related client communications.
- Participating in mentoring and coaching a team of engineers and technologists.
- Engaging in a collaborative work environment with your team as well as other disciplines and offices.
What you will bring:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institute or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology from an accredited technical institute.
- Registered, or eligible for registration as a professional engineer with APEGA or a certified technologist with ASET.
- 5+ years of progressive experience with a focus on infrastructure design and project management, including proposal preparation, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Committed team player with the ability to work independently.
- Highly motivated and interested in career advancement.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel within Canada.
What we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements, including the ability to work from home part-time.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including extended health, dental coverage, Employee and Family Assistance Program, and matching company pension program.
- Culture that promotes sustainability, accessibility, respect, diversity, and inclusion.
- Ongoing support for your professional development and growth, including mentoring programs, training opportunities, professional designation support, and a Young Professionals Group.
The application deadline for this opportunity is October 29, 2021.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations