New Job Project Engineer / Project Manager, Land Development In Alberta
PROJECT ENGINEER / PROJECT MANAGER, LAND DEVELOPMENT
Company : WSP
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
- You are a self-motivated leader with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- High level of initiative, motivation, drive, energy and enthusiasm to get the job done;
- Ability to work effectively and competently with people at all levels in the organization;
- Engage and coordinate with clients, contractors, project team members, stakeholders and the public on various projects;
- Carry out preliminary and detailed design of land development infrastructure, including stormwater management, sanitary sewers, water networks, road, grading, etc.
- Manage interactions with other team members; Preliminary and detailed contract administration, and field reviews for projects under construction
- Be involved in all stages of a project development, from concept to handover to the client, preparing and coordinating technical reports, drawings, specifications, and contract documents; providing support throughout the tender process; assisting with managing construction project;
- Prepare analyses, reports, designs, drawings, specifications, cost estimates, presentations, and reports as required;
- Develop and strengthen existing skills and deliver engineering projects in accordance with client requirements and in line with company and industry best practice;
- Ensure that solutions offered and delivered reflect the needs of private sector, municipal, provincial, and federal clients as the case may be;
- Work effectively with, and coordinate the efforts of, engineering and technical team members;
- Preliminary and detailed contract administration, and field reviews for projects under construction;
- Business development and proposal development;
- Ability to work under supervision; effective time management and strong organizational skills; Ability to work with Project Managers and Technical staff located in offices across WSP;
- Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Office applications and working knowledge of AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil3D is an asset;
- Ability to work to deadlines and see tasks through to completion;
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- An undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university;
- 6+ years of progressive experience in the design of land development infrastructure projects, is preferred;
- Registration in good standing as a P.Eng. in Alberta, or eligibility to be registered, or industry recognized equivalent;
- Knowledge of local land development markets with established local client relationships is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal, including teamwork and interpersonal abilities;
- High ethical standards in parallel with WSP Corporate Policy, Vision, Mission and Values; and
- High attention to detail, and an ability to work well as a team player.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.