New job Pipeline Technician (Coastal Gas Link) in British Columbia
Pipeline Technician (Coastal Gas Link)
Company : TC Energy
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Pipeline Technician (Coastal Gas Link)
Reference Code: 92134
Location: Canada (CA) - Prince George, BC
Job Category: Trades/Technical
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Application Deadline: 10/24/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
We are building the team that will ensure the Coastal GasLink system can deliver natural gas to our customers that need it worldwide, every day, both safely and reliably, by maintaining and operating our facilities with unmatched skill, attention and dedication. Are you ready to go to work?
Reporting to the Costal Gas Link Operations Manager, the successful candidate will operate, maintain, test, and inspect our natural gas pipeline, valves and associated pipeline building assemblies in a manner which meets operational needs in compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will also provide oversight for and execute our organization’s damage prevention program (Crossings and Locates). This individual must be a self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, who possesses excellent troubleshooting, problem solving and communication skills. In this role, you will be required to perform tasks from other disciplines.
The schedule for this position will initially require a modified work schedule and is subject to change according to business needs with little notice.
What you’ll do
- Perform inspections, troubleshooting and repair on equipment such as actuators, valves, stem seals, and other related components
- Perform One Call line locates
- Perform gas leak surveys
- Complete work orders, enter data into job plans, create new notifications, etc. in SAP
- Operate and maintain natural gas pipelines and associated equipment
- Read and interpret alignment sheets
- Lead/manage the safe and efficient completion of low complexity projects to include the coordination and monitoring of contractor work activities or third-party active control
- Provide coaching, mentoring and training to other personnel
- Assist with all types of line crossings (foreign or seismic) of TC Energy pipeline assets
- Complete basic “as built” prints and update related documentation with respect to One Call and pipeline related schematics
- Identify encroachment issues
- Communicate with contractors, the general public, landowners, and government agencies relative to gas operations
- Assist with general pipeline right-of-way (ROW) maintenance activities such as erosion or sink hole repairs, line patrols, and installation of identification signs and posts
- Plan and lead pipeline isolation and gas handling activities including blowing down, purging and pressuring pipelines and the installation and operation of air movers/expellers
- Assist with various tasks associated with in-line inspection programs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years of relevant work experience related to Pipelines
- Proven Mechanical knowledge, skills and experience
- Technical diploma or apprenticeship training
- Experience with valve operation, inspection, maintenance and repair
- Experience operating and maintaining high pressure natural gas pipelines and/or facilities
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and/or SAP experience
This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and provide a driver's abstract (record) for review
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
- Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training will be required (estimated up 50% of work schedule)
- Participate in on-call schedule
- Be subject to working conditions which include adverse weather and temperatures
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 10/24/2021 using reference code 92134. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or a desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.