New job Nurse Practitioner - Family/All Ages or Adult in Newfoundland and Labrador
Nurse Practitioner - Family/All Ages or Adult
Company : Eastern Health
Salary : $43.14 - $53.49 an hour
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
Location: Carbonear - Private Josiah Squibb Memorial Pavilion
Nurse Practitioner - Family/All Ages or Adult
Long Term Care - Carbonear
Temporary, Full-Time (until February 16, 2023 with possibility of extension)
Hours: 75 bi-weekly (8 hour days)
Salary: NS-35 ($43.14 - $53.49 per hour)
Competition Number: 2021005037
Posted Date: 7 October 2021
Closing Date: Open until filled
Eastern Health is the largest, integrated health authority in Newfoundland and Labrador employing approximately 13,000 dedicated employees and serving a population of more than 300,000 people. The authority offers the full continuum of health and community services including public health, long-term care, community services, hospital care and unique provincial programs and services. At Eastern Health we pride ourselves on providing the highest quality care and service possible to the people in our communities, in our region, and in the province. To do that, we employ qualified, competent and caring individuals who are dedicated to their professions and to our vision of Healthy People, Healthy Communities.
This position works within the Nurse Practitioner's (NP) scope of practice in the following category of practice: Family/All Ages or Adult. This is an advanced practice role providing professional, analytical and an autonomous comprehensive range of health services to residents including but not limited to health assessments and diagnosis diseases, disorders, injuries and conditions; treating and managing acute and chronic illnesses and identifying health risks and needs within a holistic model.
Duties of the Nurse Practitioner in Long Term Care (LTC) include performing comprehensive initial / ongoing assessment of residents admitted to LTC; completing history and physical examinations; prescribing diagnostic and therapeutic interventions according to practice; applying knowledge of pharmacology, including pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, when selecting and prescribing drugs within the scope of practice; conducting daily rounds and communicating findings to interdisciplinary team and to residents and families, as appropriate; caring for residents with multiple chronic conditions with co-existing dementia; collaborating with families as appropriate; collaborating with and participating in the development, implementation and presentation of structured educational programs; participating in the development of care guidelines to promote best practice; and other related duties, as required.
By applying for this job, you acknowledge an understanding that regular requirements and demands of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Constantly moves, lifts, or operates equipment/machinery up to 10 lbs. and regularly is required to lift/move equipment, books and supplies. Occasionally, may have to reposition a patient over 50 lbs.
- Physical effort also includes regular sitting to conduct patient histories, performing work on the computer and when assessing patients, regularly stands or walks.
- When performing procedures, regularly uses fine finger/precision work and hand tools (i.e. medical instruments, computer mouse, stethoscope, dopplers, etc.) requiring accurate control and steadiness.
- Visual concentration is required when performing physical assessment and procedures, completing charts/reports, observing patients, reading equipment/monitors, and completing work-related correspondence on the computer.
- Completion of an approved/recognized Nurse Practitioner program is required.
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of NL and Licensed (or eligible for licensure) as a Nurse Practitioner - Family/All Ages or Adult with the CRNNL.
- Minimum of five years of clinical experience out of the last seven years and two years clinical experience in gerontological or psychogeriatric setting is required.
- Current BCLS Certification is required
- Possessed strong abilities in the areas of collaboration, clinical reasoning, professional development, interpersonal effectiveness, conflict management and teamwork.
- Demonstrated progressive clinical leadership skills.
- Possessed strong communication, problem solving, decision-making, and teaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to function autonomously in an advanced practice role.
- Support and participate in research to improve practice and client outcomes.
- Demonstrated skills in computer and database management skills
- A satisfactory record of work performance is required
If this is an internal posting only, only applicants of the Eastern Health RNUNL Regional Bargaining Unit will be considered. Otherwise, if this is posted internal and external, we will accept all applications, but preference will be given to those qualified candidates who are internal to the Eastern Health RNUNL Regional Bargaining Unit.
Please note that job offers will be made in accordance with Article 23.12 of the RNUNL Collective Agreement.
Apply online at https://employment.easternhealth.ca
To become a part of our team, please submit your resume/cover letter or application form online, clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications. Include your current mailing address, day-time contact number, e-mail address, competition and employee number if applicable.
Contact Information for Recruitment Related Inquiries:
Telephone: (709) 777-7777 (5-2) or 1-800-563-3693
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications/resumes are not accepted at this email address.