New Job Material Handler In Manitoba
Company : Health Sciences Centre
Salary : $19.93 an hour
Location : Manitoba
Requisition ID: 296842
Position Number: 20037755
Posting End Date: November 2, 2021
Site: Health Sciences Centre
Work Location: Health Sciences Centre
Department / Unit: Supply & Distribution Centre
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: 11/05/2021
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Nights;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $19.928, $20.526, $21.141, $21.776, $22.429, $23.102
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the direction of the Manager, Supply and Distribution:
Ensures that proper inventory control parameters are set up in the Warehouse Management System (WMS) when stock items are added or deleted from inventory.
- Ensures that proper location control parameters are set up in the Warehouse Management System (WMS) when stock locations are added, modified or deleted from the warehouse set-up.
- Ensures that proper order processing parameters are set up in the Warehouse Management System (WMS) to establish efficient put-away and picking routes in the warehouse operation.
- Coordinates the cycle count process by ensuring that the all stock items are properly set up and regularly updated for the appropriate ABC classifications.
- Monitors the daily cycle counts and investigate any adjustments that represent possible problems.
- Reviews item movement reports on a regular basis, recommends location moves or deletions that would enhance the efficiency of the warehouse, traffic, Unit Supply and Mail operations and coordinates the move of items from one location to another.
- Assists in the training of new staff and the on-going monitoring for correct processes.
- Report to Manager training, safety and health concerns or other corrective action required of department staff to ensure health and safety, adherence to policy, practices and effective perform of duties and responsibilities.
- Assists in ensuring the safety of motorized equipment within the department.
- Assists in the proper flow and processing for items being returned for credit.
- Fills orders from requisitions, stocking shelves and replenishing stock in the warehouse as well on the wards.
- Provides relief for the Workload and Schedule Coordinator during periods of absence.
- Three years previous experience in computerized SAP warehouse systems or 3-5 years general/private sector warehouse experience in a computerized operation required.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience with computer inventory control systems SAP required.
- Must be familiar with purchasing, receiving, ordering and shipping documents.
- Knowledge of the HSC complex preferred.
- Experience in the operation of a High Stacker Forklift Truck and Power Jack required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Complete high school education, Grade 12, Manitoba standards, required.
- Ability to use computer technology including Web based applications and Web browsers required. Training in the maintenance of large databases required.
- Must complete and maintain Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training.
- Customer service and coaching courses/seminars preferred.
- Must possess a current certificate from the Manitoba Safety Council or equivalent certificate for the Forklift Truck Operator and Low Lift Pallet Mover.
- Must have a valid and in good standing forklift license.
- Completion of valid instructor course for Forklift Truck and Low Lift Pallet Mover through Manitoba Safety Council preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skill is essential.
- Must be able to understand and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills required as well as the ability to take initiative to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to work under stressful working conditions, prioritize working responsibilities effectively and manage time efficiently.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct, coach and lead teams.
- As a custodian of the Health Sciences Centre’s inventory, it is critical that the individual brings with them the quality of honesty and integrity.
- Position requires considerable standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting, stretching, pushing and pulling.
- Work involves tight deadlines and will require long periods of standing, loading, pushing and pulling cartloads and pallets within the Warehouse, Unit Supply or throughout the facility that may weigh up to 2100 lbs.
- May be required to work in cramped conditions (or high platforms) unloading supplies from shelves.
- Exposure to dusty conditions.
- Handling hazardous/dangerous goods in accordance with WHMIS regulations required.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.
Direct care workers are required to either be vaccinated for Covid-19 or to participate in on-going regular Covid-19 testing pursuant to Orders made under The Public Health Act C.C.S.M. c.P210. Successful applicants will be notified at the time of offer of the applicability of this requirement for this position.