New job Manager, Income Assistance in Saskatchewan
Manager, Income Assistance
Company : Government of Saskatchewan
Salary : $6,911 - $8,986 a month
Location : Saskatchewan
The Ministry of Social Services, Income Assistance Service Delivery, has an opportunity for up to one year temporary full-time Service Manager for Regina and Area Service Centre.
The Ministry of Social Services is committed to investing in strong services, strong teams and strong outcomes for people in areas of income support and supports for persons with disabilities.
Our management team is seeking a highly-motivated and dynamic individual to provide vision, leadership, strategic orientation and support to Ministry staff in the delivery of programs, services, projects and initiatives that foster economic independence. Some travel is required.
About the Role:
The successful candidate will demonstrate a leadership style that exemplifies respect, collaboration, and innovation that empowers employees to be successful in their work and delivery of programs and initiatives. You will:
- Manage Income Assistance programs through analysis, evaluation and monitor results ensuring consistent delivery, compliance and accountability within program parameters;
- Lead a team of highly-trained and dedicated staff providing service and support for a large organizational network delivering Income Assistance programs;
- Develop and maintain effective work relations and partnerships with community based organizations including management of contracts; and
- Support and/or lead projects related to the redesign of Income Assistance programs and services.
- Typically, the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job is obtained through a university degree in Social Work or a relevant undergraduate degree and progressive leadership and supervision experience, preferably in a human service program delivery setting. A combination of education and experience will be considered;
- Excellent communicator with exceptional interpersonal skills to lead and encourage a culture of empathy, promote diversity and provide direction to facilitate successful change initiatives within the Ministry. You model core values in all work transactions;
- Knowledge and/or relevant leadership experience in operational and legislative aspects of human service programs (income assistance); government and ministry strategic directions; and priorities along with budget development and contract management to achieve priorities;
- Understanding of multi-cultural perspectives, values, beliefs, and awareness of socio–economic factors, demographics and issues experienced locally and provincially, including knowledge of local and provincial demographics, other levels of government and community resources to achieve desired outcomes; and/or
- Expertise in quality assurance processes to ensure accountability and continuous improvement.
What We Offer:
A rewarding career with the ability to make a profound and positive impact on people’s lives; positive and inclusive work environment with a focus on continuous improvement; variety in work tasks, challenges, and learning opportunities: and a compensation and benefits package including pension, vacation, earned days off, and other types of leaves.
To find out more about the Ministry of Social Services, please visit https://www.saskatchewan.ca/government/government-structure/ministries/social-services