New Job Manager - Global Infrastructure Advisory In Manitoba
Manager - Global Infrastructure Advisory
Company : KPMG
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
Over the past 30 years, our Global Infrastructure Advisory practice has become the largest and fastest growing of its kind in Canada due to our deep and specialized knowledge and skills, and unrelenting commitment to client service excellence. As leaders of the industry, we are passionate about earning client trust. We take deep personal accountability in measuring success from the only perspective that matters – that of our clients. When you work with us, you are working with a multi-disciplinary team of accountants, project financiers, economists, engineers, construction managers, capital markets advisors, project managers, asset manager professionals, public policy specialists, and other professionals.
Overview of the opportunity:
KPMG’s Global Infrastructure Advisory group is seeking a Manager to join our Manitoba practice.
Our Global Infrastructure Advisory team - comprising almost 100 professionals nationally – is a multi-disciplinary group of capital project managers, engineers, consultants, accountants, economists, and other specialists, many of whom are former owners, contractors, and/or design or construction professionals from industry. We add value to our clients on their major infrastructure projects by helping them understand and manage the risks associated with their projects. We assist both public sector and private sector clients in the development of strategies to realize their major infrastructure projects by providing a full spectrum of planning, transaction structuring, value for money, procurement, delivery, and asset management and operations advisory services.
This is a position for professionals with 5-9 years of industry experience.
As the successful candidate, you will be part of the team delivering high quality services to top tier public and private sector clients. You will advise on major projects for government (federal, provincial and municipal), as well as the private sector across a wide variety of industries and sectors including energy, resources, agri-food, utilities, real estate, and transportation. You will also assist with business development in western Canada and nationally.
Project Development and Delivery
The services the successful candidate will provide to public and/or private sector clients may include:
- Project planning and strategy
- Feasibility, business case, economic and market analysis
- Operational and organizational reviews
- Project performance reviews and healthchecks
- Project funding and financing model development and analysis
- Project risk assessment, including identification and quantification of risks
- Procurement strategy development, and procurement process management
- Development and implementation of project governance and project management frameworks, and related project delivery tools
- Commercial structuring of complex contracts, and contract management
- Project implementation advice through design and construction
- Project controls set-up and/or monitoring (cost and schedule management, risk management, change control, reporting)
- Advisory services related to major organizational transformation (especially those enabled by information technology or capital projects)
- Managing small teams of KPMG advisory personnel
- Providing leadership, direction, and guidance to senior and executive level client stakeholders
- Developing and presenting client materials including status reports, project reports and presentations
- Actively engaging in (and at times overseeing) the delivery of core analysis responsibilities including primary and secondary research, quantitative data collection and analysis, financial modelling, business analysis, and application of methodologies to achieve client objectives
- Actively developing materials (frameworks, tools, documentation, etc.) that support improved project delivery
- Developing work plans and then monitoring proactively these with respect to scope, budget, schedule, and quality of work/deliverables
The successful candidate will help grow the business through:
- Regular participation in business development activities
- Development of relationships with other practice areas within KPMG (management consulting, risk consulting, deal advisory, audit and tax) both locally and in other offices
- Maintenance and development of Trusted Advisor relationships with current and future clients
- Leading the development of proposals (both strategic messaging and original content)
- Development of KPMG’s profile within the marketplace via industry involvement, contribution to internal and external publications, and presentation at conferences and industry events
The successful candidate will help develop our internal teams through:
- Training and mentoring of junior staff and contributing to the overall skills enhancement and experience of the team
- Working closely with Senior Managers, Directors and Partners to develop team capacity and capabilities
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, Planning, or equivalent professional education. Additionally, an MBA or other post-graduate studies or professional affiliations (e.g. CPA, CFA, P.Eng. PMP, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
- 5-9 years of industry experience
- A positive, solution-focused mindset
- Proven capabilities of managing and working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to communicate and effectively engage with a diverse group of clients
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong emotional and organizational intelligence
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the public sector, either in management position or working in industry with public sector clients
- The ability to simplify problems and synthesize related content into succinct and clear materials
- Project planning, feasibility study and business case experience
- Project/construction management and/or procurement experience with large capital projects
- Project controls and contract management experience
- A solid understanding of the lifecycle activities supporting an infrastructure asset
- Experience with alterative contract types (e.g. DBB, EPC, EPCM, DBFO, PPPs, etc.)
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Proven track record at managing multiple and competing priorities
The Global Infrastructure Advisory group operates in a dynamic environment – clients change, projects proceed to new phases, new challenges arise, and client requirements change. This results in an exciting environment in which to work and gives members of the team the opportunity to stretch their capabilities and develop new areas of expertise.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.Our Values, The KPMG Way:
KPMG is committed to the health and safety of our people, clients and communities. With this commitment in mind, KPMG complies with all public health mandates (provincially and/or federally, as applicable) and has implemented various safety measures, including a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. KPMG's COVID 19 Vaccination Policy requires all employees to be fully vaccinated if they wish to or are required to attend a KPMG office and/or other congregate settings in the course of their duties (such as client sites or third-party venues).
As this role requires occasional or consistent attendance at a KPMG office and/or congregate setting, the successful candidate must be fully vaccinated (i.e. have received all doses that are recommended by Health Canada, including any boosters) and must provide KPMG with proof of vaccination. KPMG will provide reasonable accommodation if the successful candidate cannot be vaccinated due to grounds protected by human rights legislation in their province of employment.
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.