New Job Manager-Child Care Pei In Alberta
Manager-Child Care PEI
Company : Government of Alberta
Salary : $6,125 - $8,243 a month
Location : Alberta
Job Requisition ID: 17125
Ministry: Children’s Services
Location: Calgary & Northern Alberta
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Regular/Temporary: Regular (Permanent) - 2 positions
Scope: Open Competition
Closing Date: October 22, 2021
Classification: Manager Zone 2
The Government of Alberta is committed to a diverse and inclusive public service that reflects the population we serve to best meet the needs of Albertans. Consider joining a team where diversity, inclusion and innovation are valued and supported.
A successful society is defined by its people and the opportunities available for them to fully and actively participate in all aspects of life and provide for their families. Children’s Services works to foster a society in which families are secure and resilient, individuals have safe, sustainable employment, vulnerable Albertans have the supports they require, and no one is left behind. You can be part of helping us make a difference!
The Child Care and Youth Services Division of Children’s Services is currently looking to fill manager vacancies in Calgary and Northern Alberta.
To find out more about our work:
Are you an exceptional leader? Do you have a passionate commitment to teamwork and the development of team members? Do you have strong analytical perceptions and ability to clearly identify organizational risks and opportunities, provide sound decisions, solutions and direction for effective planning and resource utilization?
If you identify with the questions above you are an ambitious and talented professional who is ready for the next step in their career! This may be the opportunity you are looking for!
It is an exciting time in the Government of Alberta with the newly enacted Early Learning and Child Care Act and Regulations as of February 1st, 2021 and significant opportunities to serve Albertans in the area of quality child care.
Reporting to the respective Director of Child Care and Youth Services Division, your leadership in this position exists to facilitate, support and enhance the day to day operations of the Child Care Licensing Program and work collaboratively with the regional Early Intervention and Early Childhood Development Branches. Your guidance will ensure the best outcomes for infants and children within licensed child care programs and family day homes.
Engaging and coaching a team of Child Care Licensing Officers and Supervisors who monitor to the Early Learning and Child Care Act and Regulations, you and your team will drive for results and facilitate outcomes that maximize quality child care which supports the health, safety and developmental needs of children.
The management experience you bring with you will draw on your strengths in leadership, program development, and collaboration. You will lead your team in supporting the early development of children through child care, and maintaining a thorough understanding of the Early Learning Child Care Act and Regulations.
Your strong supervisory and leadership skills will provide support, direction and consultation to the Child Care Licensing Supervisors and Officers who report to this position and ensure that services are delivered in accordance with accepted practices and guidelines prescribed by Ministerial policies, procedures, standards and legislation.
You will demonstrate expertise in collaboration and community engagement to licensed and unlicensed child care programs and family day home agencies, to meet the legislative requirements and standards, in providing quality childcare and supporting optimal development for children.
As a representative on various ministry committees and working groups, you possess exceptional relationship building and collaboration skills with a solid track record of success in responding to operational and stakeholder needs.
An effective communicator, you will bring your top notch organizational skills and a commitment to providing quality service.
As the successful candidate, along with all of the above you will also:
- Excellent leadership and supervisory qualities and skills;
- In depth knowledge of the Early Learning and Child Care Act and Regulations;
- Agility and the ability to adapt to a changing environment;
- In depth knowledge of relevant legislation, regulation, and
- Knowledge of Acts that may affect the care of children such as: Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act; Protection against Family Violence Act, Education Act; Family Supports for Disabilities.
- Excellent communication, consultation and organizational skills;
- Strong engagement, critical analysis, assessment, collaboration and intervention skills.
- Well developed writing skills and effective communication;
- Ability to organize a large volume of information into a clear, concise document under short timelines,
- Ability to identify program strengths and gaps, engage team in a shared vision and produce targeted outcomes.
University graduation in Social Work, Early Childhood Education or related Human Service field and 4 years directly related experience is required.
- Working with and understanding of the standards that may apply to the licensing, monitoring, approval and operations of child care programs;
- Utilizing current practice frameworks including the Foundations of Caregiver Support and the Well-being and Resiliency Framework;
- Knowledge of Acts that may affect the care of children such as: Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act; Protection against Family Violence Act, Education Act; Family Supports for Disabilities is required
- A minimum of 2 years related experience in an early childhood setting
- Prior experience in managing and leading teams
A valid class 5 drivers license is also required
Preferences will be given to candidates who possess the following:
- Experience drafting written communication (including but not limited to responses to the Ministry and/or the public);
- Knowledge of early brain development, child development theories and best practices and community resources for children and families;
Equivalencies will be considered based on related experience or education may be considered as an equivalency on a one for one basis.
Masters in Social Work, Early Childhood Education or related field combined with 2 years related experience or Diploma in Social Work, Early Childhood Education or related field and 6 years directly related experience.
Competencies are behaviors that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
The link below will assist you with understanding competencies:
$3,062.51 – $4,121.25 bi-weekly
Hours of work (e.g. 36.25)
2 permanent positions
A cover letter outlining how your experience relates to the qualifications is recommended.
Written assessment will be used as part of the screening/selection process
Final candidates will be required to undergo a security screening.
Position will require some travel (less than 25%)
As per the pandemic restrictions and government recommendations, the department is currently supporting working from home. Reporting to the office for onboarding purposes may be required on a short-term basis. Outside the COVID-19 pandemic restrictions, this role is expected to work onsite in Northern Alberta.
Links and information on what the GoA has to offer you!
Working for the Alberta Public Service –
- Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP) –
- Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP) –
- Leadership and mentorship programs
- Professional learning and development
How To Apply
If you are not currently an employee with the Government of Alberta, the first step in applying for a job is creating your candidate profile within our online application system,
Existing employees should access the Career tile in 1GX to submit their application in order to be recognized as an internal applicant.
Once you have created your candidate profile, visit the Alberta Public Service job site to apply for jobs at
Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
Resources for applicants:
It is recommended that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS)
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies, across the Government of Alberta, at the same or lower classification level.
The Government of Alberta is implementing a proof of COVID 19 vaccination policy for all Alberta Public Service employees, to improve the health and safety of Alberta Public Service employees and Albertans we serve.
Any candidates in the process for applying for employment with the Government of Alberta, must be able to comply with one of the following:
- Proof of COVID 19 vaccination;
- If you are a successful candidate and have not provided proof of COVID 19 vaccination, you may select to produce a negative PCR (molecular polymerase chain reaction) or rapid test result, date-stamped within 72 hours of every scheduled work day/shift, on an ongoing basis starting on December 14, 2021. These tests will be paid for by the employee;
- Candidates and employees who are unable to get vaccinated based on a protected ground under the Alberta Human Rights Act may request approval for an exemption and accommodation.
We thank all applicants for their interest. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
If you require any further information on this job posting or a copy of the role profile, and/or require a disability related accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Dawn Bradbury at email@example.com.
If this competition is closed as per the closing date noted above, please continue to check