New Job Infrastructure Engineer In Alberta
Company : Associated Engineering Group of Companies
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Alberta
Our Calgary Municipal Infrastructure team is currently seeking an* Infrastructure Engineer *to join us. The Municipal Infrastructure team provides engineering services for complex projects related to water, sanitary and stormwater infrastructure with an emphasis on underground installations. Our clients include municipalities, provincial government, telecommunications and private utility owners. In this role, you will use your project management, engineering and people skills to deliver high quality, innovative solutions to our valued clients.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Project management duties to successfully execute engineering projects that includes liaising with the client, scope, scheduling, budget and invoicing management.
- Leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver project objectives from concept to design to construction.
- Mentoring staff and overseeing work from engineers-in-training and engineering technologists to produce high quality engineering work.
- Acting as Engineer of Record for designs, technical reports, cost estimates, technical specifications and construction contract documents for work completed independently or by others through direct supervision.
- Executing tenders, constructability assessments, contract administration, and inspection of municipal infrastructure projects.
- Acting as Prime Contractor to ensure all field work is executed in a safe manner that meets company and client HSE requirements.
- Performing Quality Assurance and Quality Control reviews for other Engineers of Record on different projects.
- Actively building and maintaining relationships with clients, colleagues, suppliers, contractors, other consultants, government administrators for the benefit of clients, projects and business development.
- Leading and contributing to proposal submissions by preparing key content including project understanding, methodology, team structure and fees.
What you will bring:
- Undergraduate degree in civil engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered, or eligible for registration, as a Professional Engineer with APEGA within six months of hire.
- Minimum 8 years of municipal engineering experience with an emphasis on water, sanitary and stormwater utilities.
- Experience in design and construction of stormwater drainage, water transmission, sanitary sewer collection and grading projects in both brownfield and greenfield settings. Experience in alternative construction delivery is an asset.
- Proven application of government and industry design, standards, specifications, regulations and guidelines for water, sanitary and stormwater infrastructure design and construction. Experience with City of Calgary and provincial requirements is an asset.
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel within Alberta.
- Proficiency in using AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Microstation, Microsoft Office Suite, VisiSpecs.
- Familiarity in using water management software such as PCSWMM, MIKE, HEC-RAS or Infoworks is an asset.
What you will demonstrate:
- A client-service mindset with the ability to be responsive and adaptable to client needs.
- Excellent listening, verbal and technical writing skills.
- The ability to take initiative, manage timelines and organizational skills.
- Contribution to a caring culture for both clients and teammates.
- The ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Problem solving skills using both technical knowledge and good judgement.
- Application of conflict and negotiation skills.
What we offer:
- Flexible working arrangements, including the ability to work from home part-time.
- Competitive salary and benefits, including extended health, dental coverage, Employee and Family Assistance Program, and matching company pension program.
- Culture that promotes sustainability, accessibility, respect, diversity, and inclusion.
- Ongoing support for your professional development and growth, including mentoring programs, training opportunities, professional designation support, and a Young Professionals Group.
The application deadline for this opportunity is October 29, 2021.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations