New Job Industrial Structural Technologist In British Columbia
Industrial Structural Technologist
Company : Stantec
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Industrial Structural Technologist - ( 210002HP )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
The Vancouver Civic | Industrial Studio offers services for all phases of the project life cycle from pre-project planning through to detailed design for engineer analysis studies, and construction documents for capital investment projects. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Exercising creativity and ingenuity, our team develops unique solutions for our clients that integrate people, materials, equipment and information in productive ways. Our professionals deliver convenient, integrated, and practical solutions to complex industrial problems. Comprised of industry process experts, engineers, architects, as well as occupational health and safety professionals, we provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
A key factor in the success of the Civic | Industrial Studio has been our commitment to a fully integrated A/E design approach where information and ideas are freely shared and decisions and direction are effectively communicated. The Studio is made up of all key disciplines – architecture, industrial, structural, mechanical, electrical, civil and project management. This approach provides us with a better overall understanding of the challenges and opportunities inherent in our projects, and our clients benefit from the robust, integrated design solutions that are developed and delivered.
Stantec utilizes a team approach to the work – a team made up of the client, operators, stakeholders, and Stantec – where information and ideas are shared and decisions and direction are effectively communicated. This approach leverages the collective experience and expertise of the team to create robust solutions for our clients. Our clients come from manufacturing, food & beverage, transit, municipal, and national defense sectors. Some of our project types include new construction and renovation of:
- Aircraft hangars
- Food processing facilities
- Warehousing and distribution centres
- Vehicle maintenance facilities for light rail, heavy rail, bus, fleet, mining, etc.
- Component manufacturing and assembly facilities
- Other light industrial projects
- Staff support facilities for the above facility types
In this position as a Structural Engineering Technician/Technologist, you will have the opportunity to work with a high-quality team of engineers and technologists, on multiple projects, for a range of public and private sector clients. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to rise higher and challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Reporting to the Senior Structural Technician or Engineer, the Structural Engineering Technician/Technologist will perform a variety of tasks which may include producing design drawings for steel, concrete, masonry and wood construction projects. This role shall harness the power of BIM, to develop coordinated 3D REVIT designs, maintain quality construction documents, and keep the CAD environment vibrant and ready.
To this end, the successful candidate will demonstrate a proactive approach to executing assigned tasks using latest technologies, sound knowledge of smart CAD tools, efficient work procedures and a good understanding of construction.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Draw on proactive CAD problem solving skills to deliver robust 3D REVIT structural models
- Assist in the coordination of design and specifications within the context of a multidisciplinary design team
- Where needed, conduct site observation and/or inspection activities during design or construction phases of the project
- Work closely with the Structural Engineer and engineering group in recommending the best use of project tools in order to achieve project objectives, troubleshoot and resolve issues with the project tools
- Assist with periodic reviews of shop drawings and RFIs during construction.
- Performs thorough quality control of construction documents
- Keep up-to-date on new products, technologies, design processes and drafting techniques
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work with others on large complex projects
- Good knowledge of structural engineering construction process
- Ability to solve problems using collaborative skills, creativity and innovation
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite
- Proficient in AutoCAD, REVIT, REVISTO, Navis Works, and Bluebeam Studio
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work under and meet tight deadlines
- Recognizes when technical problems are developing and initiates appropriate corrective actions
Education and Experience
- Recent 3 to 5 years of strong experience with REVIT Structures and BIM 360
- Clash detection and mitigation using Revisto
- Experience with Point cloud migration and Civil3D coordination is a plus
- Technical degree / diploma / certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Position will primarily work in an office setting; may require some field work.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Job : Structural Engineering Technician/Technologist
Organization : BC-1156 Buildings-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Oct 11, 2021, 8:26:06 AM
Req ID: 210002HP
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans