New job Income Tax Clerk in Manitoba
Income Tax Clerk
Company : Manitoba Government
Salary : $41,212 - $47,283 a year
Location : Manitoba
The Manitoba government recognizes the importance of building an exemplary public service reflective of the citizens it serves, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives drives a high standard of service and innovation. The Manitoba government supports equitable employment practices and promotes representation of designated groups (women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities).
This is a preference competition. All applicants are encouraged to apply, however first consideration for this competition will be given to Indigenous people and persons with disabilities. Applicants are requested to self-declare at the time of application.
An eligibility list may be created for similar positions and will remain in effect for 6 months.
The Office of the Public Guardian and Trustee of Manitoba (PGT) is a provincial government Special Operating Agency that manages and protects the affairs of Manitobans who are unable to do so themselves and have no one else willing or able to act. This includes mentally incompetent and vulnerable adults, deceased estates and children. This position is with the Accounting Department of the PGT to provide income tax filing services for over 4,000 clients in accordance with the Canada Revenue Agency guidelines during the tax season (January 2022 to May 2022). Multiple term positions with expertise in Canadian T1 income tax preparation are required, with expertise in Canadian T3 income tax preparation being an asset. To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. See below for further instructions
Click here to access the application form.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check including a Vulnerable Sector Check
- Satisfactory Child Abuse Registry Check
- Satisfactory Adult Abuse Registry Check
- Extensive experience preparing and filing Canadian TI income tax forms
- Experience analyzing financial and tax documents
- Ability to interpret and apply the Canada Income Tax Act and Canada Revenue Agency procedures
- Ability to pay attention to detail and ensure accuracy of work
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience dealing with confidential information and using discretion in handling sensitive material
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact effectively with other departmental staff, external agencies, other professionals and the general public
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel and Outlook) or equivalent applications
- Experience using ProFile or other professional income tax preparation software
- Experience preparing and filing Canadian T3 income tax forms
Following the direction of the Chief Financial Officer and Income Tax Clerk 4 with respect to the Public Guardian and Trustee of Manitoba procedures and work flow, the income tax clerks file current year income tax returns, complete all tax forms required and reconcile returns to notice of assessments in accordance with the Canada Revenue Agency guidelines and other applicable legislation. Extensive preparation and filing of T1/T3 returns for individuals, businesses and deceased estates.
To be considered for this competition you must submit an application form. Complete the application form at the link below or contact Human Resource Services under “Apply to” to request a copy of the application form. The selection board will rely only on information provided in this form to determine whether a candidate will be invited for further assessment. Note: You are not required to submit a cover letter, but may be asked to submit a resume, references, or other documentation at a later point if invited for further consideration.
Click here to access the application form.
Applicants may request reasonable accommodation related to the materials or activities used throughout the selection process. When applying to this position, please indicate the advertisement number and position title in the subject line and/or body of your email. Your cover letter, resumé and/or application must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications.
Please be advised that job competitions may be grieved and appealed by internal applicants. Should a selection grievance be filed, information from the competition file will be provided to the grievor's representative or the grievor, if unrepresented. Personal information irrelevant to the grievance and other information protected under legislation will be redacted.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.