New job Highway Maintenance Leadhand in Yukon
Highway Maintenance Leadhand
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $40.84 an hour
Location : Yukon
Highways and Public Works – who we are
Employees at Highways and Public Works are responsible for ensuring safe and efficient public highways, airstrips, buildings, and information systems. Our collective vision is to make a difference in the lives of Yukoners. At all levels of our organization, we value leadership, innovation, teamwork, and keeping our people safe. Our priorities are to be client focused, to support our people, to build sustainably, and to advance reconciliation throughout Yukon.
We are looking for someone who has experience and enjoys managing employees on a daily basis which includes directing employees to use specific equipment to repair, construct and maintain roads, buildings, (airports and ferry operations dependant on area), equipment, etc. to an established standard. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, enjoys working outdoors and operating various pieces of heavy equipment to ensure safe driving conditions for the travelling public.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please review this information: Apply on a job | Government of Yukon
Essential Qualifications (what we’re looking for in your resume):
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet each of the following qualifications. Please note, selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Considerable experience operating a variety of heavy equipment (must include loader, grader, and truck) in extreme weather and snow conditions
- Experience with highway maintenance and/or road construction
- Experience leading, motivating, training and directing others
- Public interaction/relations experience including working with various regulatory bodies and stakeholders
- Experience with a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
If your resume shows education, training, and/or experience equivalent to the essential qualifications listed above, your application may be equally considered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability (what candidates will be assessed on):
- Safety and service orientated
- Ability to deal effectively with stakeholders
- Adaptable to change
- Sound judgment
- Ability to foster an environment which promotes respect, dependability and reliability
- Effective communication skills
Conditions of Employment
- Must possess and maintain a valid Yukon Class 3 driver’s licence with air endorsement,
- Must possess and maintain a valid Yukon Class 1 driver’s licence with air endorsement (must be obtained within 6 months of hire);
- YG certification on heavy equipment (grader, loader, dump truck or tractor trailer);
- Transportation Dangerous Goods Certificate (must be obtained within 6 months of hire).
Travel, working in adverse weather conditions, mandatory use of personal protective equipment, adhering to the safety program and all applicable policies and procedures, shift work, and working outside of headquarters area for extended periods of time.
- Find out what we offer our employees
- See why Yukon government has been identified as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014
If you have questions about this position, please contact Jim Regimbal, Area Superintendent, Jim.Regimbal@yukon.ca
If you have questions about applying on a job with Yukon government or if you need an accommodation for this staffing process, please contact Amy Johnson, HR Consultant, Amy.Johnson@yukon.ca