New Job Executive Director In Yukon
Company : Yukon Invasive Species Council
Salary : $45 - $50 an hour
Location : Yukon
Environmental & Natural Resources
We are looking for a leader who will embrace the challenges and opportunities of the role of Executive Director (ED) moving toward YISC’s goals. A leader who is passionate about nature, actively seeks out strategic collaborations, is a compelling public speaker, can skillfully manage our organization, and knows the importance of taking the time to get out on the land.
The Executive Director position with YISC is a contract for service opportunity and the successful candidate will be required to provide their own workspace, computer and software, etc. Working hours will be 25 hours per week with some weekends and evenings included for meetings, forums, workshops, retreats, etc. Time off can be arranged with the Board of Directors but there will be periods of time that the ED will be required to be on hand; during most of the summer for the hands-on activities, the annual general meeting, etc.
Type: Part-time, two-year position with option for renewal.
Job Location: Remote and Whitehorse, Yukon
Compensation Approach: Salary range for this contract for service role is $45.00/hr - $50.00/hr depending on experience and qualifications.
The successful candidate should have:
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Management, marketing and fundraising, and strategic planning skills
- General office management and human resources skills
- Basic knowledge of financial management
- Experience working in a nonprofit setting
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent education and/or experience in a related field such as office management, business management, or geography, biology, ecology or environmental studies
- Basic knowledge of environmental issues
- Basic knowledge of social media
- Interest in the environment and in “Keeping the Yukon Natural”
We are looking for an ED who is:
- Good communicator
- Creative and innovative
Detailed job description available on request and on our website.
Additional Application Instructions