New Job Executive Assistant, Human Resources In Manitoba
Executive Assistant, Human Resources
Company : University of Winnipeg
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Manitoba
Note: The work described in this posting will be conducted in-person.
All members of the UW Community and anyone who seeks entry to indoor campus spaces are required to comply with the University of Winnipeg’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy: https://www.uwinnipeg.ca/institutional-analysis/docs/policies/vaccine-policy.pdf
Reporting to the Associate Vice-President (AVP), Human Resources, the Executive Assistant is responsible for providing professional and confidential administrative services to assist the AVP Human Resources and HR team.
Working under minimal direction, the Executive Assistant provides support with a high degree of initiative and responsibility, including calendar and scheduling management, financial management, task delegation, and working directly with key stakeholders to ensure efficient flow of information and communication.
- Manages and monitors the AVP’s calendar including scheduling appointments, addressing conflicts, coordination and facilitation of meeting times for large complex groups
- Solicits, briefs and prepares information and documents in advance of meetings.
- In consultation with the AVP, HR, triages and responds to all forms of correspondence; tracks and monitors the flow of communications, documents, and emails to ensure timely response.
- Develops and maintains the budget for the HR/Payroll unit, coordinates budget proposals from all HR sectors including Safety and Health and the Human Rights and Diversity Office; conducts follow-up on any questions or issues and submits the budget package to Financial Services.
- Monitors the balance of expenditures, reconciles expenditures against budget or investigates variances; completes a variance analysis on a quarterly basis.
- Prepares and submits credit card expenses and travel expenses, tracks and processes invoices and receipts for payment, and prepares financial disclosures or reports as required.
- Arranges business travel for all members of the HR team.
- Develops, contributes to and maintains procedure manuals and documents.
- Tracks and reports on action items or tasks in accordance with established due dates and or time sensitivities.
- Leads and coordinates special functions and events and participates as a representative of the Human Resource’s office as requested
- Supports committees through minute taking, preparation of materials, education, tracking and reporting. E.g. Workplace Safety and Health Committee; Employment Equity Advisory Committee.
- Processes applications for: Staff Training and Development Program; Employee Tuition Scholarship Program; Tuition Reimbursement Program.
- Processes background/ employment checks.
- Supports recruitment activities which includes compiling Vacancy Management lists and scheduling interviews.
- Completion of an administration/office skills program
- Completion of an undergraduate degree an asset
- Minimum 3 years’ directly related experience in a fast-paced office environment, high-level academic office, or an executive office in the private sector
- Experience working in a highly confidential environment with the ability to act with tact and diplomacy
- Experience with scheduling required
- Financial experience required including bookkeeping, purchasing, invoicing, travel and credit card reconciliations
- Working knowledge of university and government, their chain of command, and what each level is responsible for.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work well and accurately under pressure with frequent interruptions
- Must be a team player, flexible, with the ability to identify, provide ideas for and implement change.
- Ability to work independently, exercising superior judgment under minimal direction
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to analyze and problem solve
An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills, knowledge and abilities may be considered.
Condition(s) of Employment:
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends for special events/projects as required.
The University of Winnipeg is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognizes that a diverse staff and faculty benefits and enriches the work, learning and research environments, and is essential to academic and institutional excellence. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals and encourage women, racialized persons, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons to confidentially self-identify at time of application.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact Sheena Laurin, HR Assistant at [email protected] or 204-988-7648.
The personal information of applicants is collected under the authority of the University of Winnipeg Act and 36(1)(b) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All personal information collected via the recruitment process is used to assess the applicant’s suitability, eligibility, and qualifications for employment, and to otherwise support recruitment activities. This information will be provided to participating members of the recruitment process. Questions regarding the collection of your personal information may be directed to the Director, HR Services, 515 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2E9 or 204.786.9066.