New Job Ergonomics Consultant In British Columbia
Company : Ergo-Motion
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Ergo-Motion is adding contract consultants to our network in Vancouver, BC. This positions involve providing ergonomic consulting services on a casual project by project basis.
We are a progressive ergonomics consulting firm offering services in the areas of office and industrial ergonomics, physical and job demands analyses, hazard assessments, injury prevention training, and supportive health and wellness programming.
Our clients include various municipal, provincial and federal government agencies as well as educational institutions, manufacturing, shipping, transportation, oil and gas, construction, pulp and paper, chemical, utilities, food and health service industries.
The successful candidates will have a minimum undergraduate degree in Kinesiology (with emphasis in ergonomics), or related discipline.
The candidates should also possess,
- Minimum of two years related experience in the area of musculoskeletal injury prevention
- Proven knowledge of ergonomic principles
- Excellent written communication skills including experience in report writing
- Excellent verbal communication skills including experience in group presentations
- Superior time management and organizational skills to accommodate multiple projects and timely completion of work assignments
- Ability to analyze and subsequently utilize creative problem solving skills
- In-depth knowledge of MS Office programs, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Reliable transportation, as travel will be required
An understanding of occupational health and safety principles and WCB regulation is a definite asset.
You should expect that your work environment and job duties will change frequently. You will often be assigned to projects that will require dynamic involvement with our clients at their business locations.
The successful candidates will be required to,
- Conduct ergonomic assessments on a project by project basis
- Perform physical and job demands analyses on a project by project basis
- Assist in the design and delivery of customized training and education programs for employees, safety and health committees, supervisors and management personnel on a variety of ergonomic and injury prevention topics