New Job Entrepreneurial Engagement Manager In Newfoundland And Labrador
Entrepreneurial Engagement Manager
Company : Black Business Initiative
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Newfoundland and Labrador
ENTREPRENEURSHIP ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
The Black Business Initiative (BBI) is the premier business development organization uniquely supporting Black businesses, working to address the many challenges inherent to Black Canadians and that constitute impediment to business start-ups, continued growth and scaling. BBI supports businesses through the following programs and services – business counseling and advisory; access to resources and mentorship opportunities; entrepreneurial development and business skills training; facilitating access to funding, procurement and supply chains, and scaling opportunities; and youth entrepreneurship programming, among others.
BBI is in the process of expanding the business development support opportunities to business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs in the other three Atlantic Provinces (NB, NL and PEI) through the Atlantic Canada Black Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Program (BEP).
We are hiring a full-time Entrepreneurial Engagement Manager (EEM) on a 3-year term to be based in NFLD.
Reporting to the Director, Entrepreneurship, the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the BEP in Newfoundland & Labrador. The EEM will be responsible for the delivery of BBI’s programs and services to clients in Newfoundland & Labrador. Functions of the position include assisting entrepreneurs in preparation of business plans and proposals, assisting business in an infinite range of requests, problems, and opportunities assisting with the entrepreneurial development, education and training in the Black community throughout the province, in partnership with others. The EEM will help manage client performance through the various stages of entrepreneurial development. As the first point of contact in the designated region, the EEM’s will oversee business development across the assigned client group.
- A university degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce, economics, finance, marketing, or a related field and at least 2-3 years experience within the financial, commercial lending industry, or government sectors.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to analyze financial statements and to evaluate the difference between clients’ real and perceived needs and encourage clients to view their opportunities or problems as objectively and accurately as possible.
- Must have strong computer skills and understand how business operates and possess good organizational and analytical ability with the capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- An understanding of the challenges faced within the Black community in Newfoundland & Labrador is a must.
- A driver’s license with the ability to travel throughout the assigned is required.
- Ability to communicate fluently in both English and French is considered a very strong asset.
- Project management qualification and/or experience are a plus.
How to Apply
All applicants who are interested in this opportunity are encouraged to apply. We will be recruiting for this position on an ongoing basis. Resumes will be assessed as they are submitted.
Job Types: Full-time, Term
Contract length: 36 months
Application deadline: 2021-10-29
Expected start date: 2021-11-15
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Dental care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Temporarily due to COVID-19