New Job Chief Financial Officer In Yukon
Chief Financial Officer
Company : Liard First Nation
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Financial, Legal & Professional Services
Position: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Department: Executive Council Office
Supervisor: Executive Director
Salary: Salary is dependent upon experience and qualifications
About Liard First Nation
Liard First Nation (LFN) is proud to serve its approximately 1400-member nation. LFNs main offices are in Watson Lake, Yukon, a town located along the 60th parallel bordering the Yukon and British Columbia. Some of the services that are overseen by LFN include natural resources, health and social, justice, education and employment, capital and infrastructure, and language.
About the Opportunity
LFN is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to join our team. The CFO will be responsible for the efficient and effective oversight and coordination of the daily accounting activities of LFN and ensures all accounting operations are in accordance with applicable legislation, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Our ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in accounting for a First Nations Government as well as experience supervising employees. The candidate will also have demonstrated problem solving, prioritization, and analytical skills.
Some of the main duties of the Chief Financial Officer include:
- Ensure the financial system, policies, procedures, and internal controls are appropriately designed and operating effectively.
- Monitors cash flow and reports the financial matters to the Executive Director.
- Assist in departmental budgets, financial analysis of variance, annual audit, accounts reconciliation, and allocation.
- Perform day to day processing of accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions to ensure that finances of LFN are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
- Calculate, prepare, and issue documents related to accounts such as invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements using computerized and manual systems.
- Code, enter, verify, and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable invoices, customer invoices, purchase orders, cheque requisitions.
- Prepare and enter invoices into the accounting system while creating policy and procedures.
- Ensure contracts are properly administered in accordance with contract terms; Provide financial support to different departments.
- Assist in year-end planning, audit preparation, schedules, working papers, and reconciliations.
- Assist in the annual budget processing, financial analysis, and notes for the operating and capital budgets.
- Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable or other accounting duties as required.
- Completion of a relevant undergraduate degree or diploma in finance, accounting, or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution. An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be given equal consideration.
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in accounting, preferably with a First Nation Government.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with ADP Payroll and Adagio software is an asset.
- Experience dealing with Federal and Provincial/Territorial government funding and training agencies and authorities.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must provide criminal record check prior to employment.
- Must have and maintain CPA designation.
- Willing and able to work overtime and weekends.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume in person to the LFN’s Administrative Office or email [email protected] to the attention of the Human Resources Director. Preference will be given to Kaska members who meet the minimum requirements.
Thank you to all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.