New Job Bylaw Enforcement Officer I In Alberta
Bylaw Enforcement Officer I
Company : City of Grande Prairie
Salary : $30.75 - $32.02 an hour
Location : Alberta
A Bylaw Enforcement Officer I is an entry level position. Members in this classification will report to the Enforcement Services Manager or their designate. Duties of a Bylaw Enforcement Officer I will include the investigation and enforcement of specific City of Grande Prairie bylaws. All duties will be conducted in accordance with department policies and procedures, Bylaw C-829, and all applicable Provincial and Federal Statutes. The Bylaw Enforcement Officer I will perform other departmental duties as directed by the Enforcement Services Program Manager or their designate.
These officers will work in our General Enforcement Unit. You will work alongside other Bylaw Officers, Peace Officers and the RCMP on a daily basis. Regular duties will consist of activities such as parking enforcement, animal control and investigating common bylaw complaints (minimum property standards, noise, use of public lands, signs etc.) Emphasis will be placed on conflict resolution and a problem solving approach.
This position will require a City of Grande Prairie Bylaw Officer Appointment, an enhanced RCMP security clearance, and a valid Alberta Driver's License. Related post-secondary education, bylaw enforcement experience or animal control experience are considered assets.
- Applicants must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants should have proven conflict management skills and the ability to perform duties effectively with minimal supervision.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with computer data entry and information retrieval and modern office procedures and equipment.
- You must possess the ability to prioritize and organize work assignments based on volume and deadlines.
- You must possess the ability to handle sensitive, confidential information using tact, diplomacy and mature judgment in all communications; including during stressful situations in person, in writing and over the phone.
- Attention to detail is critical for all aspects of this position as well as maintaining accurate work records.
- Applicants may be asked to provide medical information pertaining to job responsibilities.
- Applicants selected for an interview will be asked to bring a current Driver's abstract to the interview.
- The successful candidate must have proof of valid Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE) that is current within the last six months. If the candidate does not have one, they will be required to complete the PARE as soon as the next test is available.
- The successful applicant must be able to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance. Preference may be given to individuals who currently possess an RCMP Enhanced Security Clearance.
The successful candidate will work from the City on 99 facility (9910 99 Avenue).
Bylaw Enforcement Officer I: The 2021 rate of pay is $30.75 - $32.02
Bylaw Enforcement Officers work (10) hour rotating shifts. Shifts are scheduled 7 days a week between 07:00 and 23:00 hours.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted by phone or email. We will contact those who did not make it to the interview stage by email within one month of the closing date of this job posting.
1. Submit cover letter and resume using the "Apply Now" tab on this web page.
2. Applications will be reviewed, short-listed and interviews will be scheduled.
Note: Once you apply and upload a resume you should receive an email confirming that your application has been submitted for this position. If you receive this email, there is NO further need to contact us regarding this position.
Due to the high volume of applications that we receive per job posting, we are not able to answer job specific questions before the interview stage. If you are successful in getting to the job interview stage, we will be more than happy to answer any questions you might have at that time.
Job Types: Temporary, Contract
Work Location: Multiple Locations