New Job Bus Cleaner (Seasonal) In Ontario
Bus Cleaner (Seasonal)
Company : Metrolinx
Salary : $20.96 - $24.77 an hour
Location : Ontario
Metrolinx is connecting communities across the Greater Golden Horseshoe. Metrolinx operates GO Transit and UP Express, as well as the PRESTO fare payment system. We are also building new and improved rapid transit, including GO Expansion, Light Rail Transit routes, and major expansions to Toronto’s subway system, to get people where they need to go, better, faster and easier. Metrolinx is an agency of the Government of Ontario.
We embody our values in everything that we do. We Serve with Passion, Think Forward, and Play as a Team. If you can relate, we want to hear from you!
Our Bus Fleet Maintenance Office is seeking up to four (4) Bus Cleaners to clean the interior of GO Transit buses.
These positions involve working 5 days (40 hours) per week, evening and night shifts, with various off-days.
What will I be doing?
- Performs detailed cleaning of GO Transit bus interiors, including washing, polishing, and waxing.
- Removes and disposes of waste / garbage, separating recyclables.
- Cleans, washes, and disinfects interior surfaces as required, including luggage compartments.
- Uses cleaning materials, tools, and equipment such as hoses, vacuum cleaners, mops, and squeegees.
- Keeps records of all work performed (i.e. materials used, specific buses cleaned, by number) and advises supervisor, as required.
- Level of reading, writing and learning skills normally attained through completion of Grade 10 education.
- Minimum 3-months’ experience cleaning / detailing vehicles.
- Demonstrating skills with/or knowledge of handling of cleaning chemicals, tools and equipment.
- Relevant health and safety regulations.
- Must successfully complete environmental, safety and any other training required by corporate policy.
Current Available Shifts:
Days of Work
Note: Shifts/locations are subject to change due to operational requirements. Please be advised that preference of shift/location cannot be guaranteed, as successful candidates may be selected for any available sift/location.
Accommodation will be provided throughout the hiring process, as required. Applicants must make their needs known in advance.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume online through the Current Opportunities page.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. Metrolinx will be using email to communicate with you for all job competitions. It is your responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence, we recommend that you check your email regularly. If no response is received, we will assume you are no longer interested in pursuing the opportunity. Please be advised that a Criminal Record Check may be required of the successful candidate. Should it be determined that any background information provided be misleading, inaccurate or incorrect, Metrolinx reserves the right to discontinue with the consideration of your application.
Metrolinx employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in accordance with Metrolinx’s Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Policy as a condition of being eligible for the recruitment process. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination will be required. If you are not able to obtain COVID-19 vaccination for a reason related to a protected ground of discrimination under applicable human rights legislation, you can request accommodation from Metrolinx.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER