New Job Backcountry Lodge Caretaker In British Columbia
Backcountry Lodge Caretaker
Company : Canadian Adventure Company - Mallard Mountain Lodge
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
Located in the heart of the Canadian Rocky Mountains, Mallard Mountain Lodge is a remote backcountry ski-touring and hiking lodge, accessed by a 30-minute helicopter flight from Valemount BC. Family owned and operated, Mallard Mountain Lodge caters towards small, private groups, creating an intimate backcountry experience and opportunity for both guests and staff.
Ideal candidates must be comfortable working in a remote mountain environment and be able to work both independently and with a team.
The main role of this position is to assist the Lodge Manager and other staff in the daily duties of running and maintaining the lodge, as well as hosting and assisting in guest activities. Specific duties include:
- Assisting the lodge manager with the daily maintenance of the lodge; keeping walkways and buildings free of snow, bringing water to the lodge, stocking firewood, refueling of equipment, etc.
- Helping with guest transfers, hauling of luggage and ski equipment, including working around helicopters
- General cleaning and upkeep of the lodge and other buildings, guest and staff areas, dining facilities, washrooms, shower facilities, etc.
- Assisting the chef with the preparation/service of food when needed, including washing and cleaning of dishes and equipment after meal services.
- Hosting, assisting, and interacting with guests while at the lodge in a friendly and professional manner
- Must be able to work both independently and with a team in a very remote mountain environment
- Shift work. Typically, 1–2 week rotations.
- Must have a minimum of current Level 1 First Aid training. Additional first aid training is preferred
- Previous work experience in backcountry environments, including backcountry ski touring is preferred but not an absolute requirement
Application deadline: 2021-11-15
Expected start date: 2022-01-15
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Fly-In/Fly-Out
Please Allow Popup for Apply Window