New job Assistant, RES, International Education in British Columbia
Assistant, RES, International Education
Company : Langara College
Salary : $24.44 - $27.69 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Interested in a career at Langara College?
Our employees exemplify Langara's values of excellence, collegiality, innovation and integrity. If you think this position fits your qualifications, we encourage you to apply!
Lang ara College is located in Vancouver, B.C.: applicants to postings must be located in BC or willing to move to BC to accept work with Langara College. Exceptions to this will be clearly outlined in the event Langara College requires work (or positions to be based) to be performed outside BC or Canada.
Current employee? Apply through Careers in your Workday account.
Assistant, RES, International Education
Employee Type:Temporary (Fixed Term)
Monday, October 25 2021
Friday, June 17 2022
End Date (if applicable):
The RES Assistant provides support or assistance in the assigned RES unit and often is the initial point of contact for prospective and current students, internal staff, agents, or external stakeholders. This position provides exemplary customer service, clerical support, or data entry services in the provision of RES services to our students and clients. This position is typically the front-line, customer-facing or junior team member of a particular business unit, and works under the direction of senior team members in applying and adhering to College policies, procedures, and standards. The incumbent assists in changes to RES services, processes and projects.
- Grade 12 completion plus one (1) year post-secondary certificate in a related discipline.
- One (1) year of related experience in providing customer service and/or clerical support, preferably in an educational environment.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Experience with an integrated student record system (e.g. Banner) or similar computerized system, preferred.
- Working knowledge of post-secondary policy and procedures, programs and registrarial processes, preferred.
- Working knowledge of the BC post-secondary system, preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent ability to pay attention to detail and enter data accurately.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities when encountering conflicting demands.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service, respond to enquiries and provide information, assistance and related services to the general public, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work well under pressure, dealing with a constant flow of enquiries, requiring endurance and stamina and the need to stay focussed over prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to work with challenging or difficult situations.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to multitask and work with frequent interruptions, while adhering to strict deadlines.
- Ability to investigate and listen in order to solve problems and provide solutions.
- Excellent ability to maintain collegiality, team work and a respectful workplace environment.
- Ability to foster effective communication and teamwork among employees, facilitating understanding of individual, team, and organizational goals.
- Ability to ensure that all employee and customer interactions are respectful, service focused, and collegial.
- Ability to support RES team in change management which may include enhancing activities that drive change in collaboration with the change team.
- Ability to interpret and apply College, government, and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to exercise judgement, tact and discretion.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Intermediate level in the use of standard computer applications including word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), presentation (Power Point), and email.
- Ability to achieve a keyboarding speed of 40 wpm.
- Oral and written fluency in a secondary language: Korean, Mandarin/Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish, Tagalog, Portuguese or another language consistent with the current departmental priorities.
Hours & Days of Work: 8 :30am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday.
To obtain the full job description, please contact our recruitment team.
Salary Range:$24.44 - $27.69 per hour
CUPE Paygrade 18
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
Compressed Workweek (Fortnight):No
Thursday, October 14 2021
If you were a temporary employee with CUPE Local 15 at Langara College who has worked within the last five (5) months of the closing date on this posting , please contact our recruitment team if you meet the criteria for internal status (850 hours worked) as per Article III.7.g in the CUPE Collective Agreement . Please quote the job requisition title and number with your previous employee ID and last day worked at the College. Please do not email if you worked at the College more than 5 months ago or if you worked in a different union.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials noted on their resume.
We thank you for your interest in Langara College and taking the time to complete an application. Only complete applications will be reviewed. Internal candidates will be given first consideration. Please be advised that due to the amount of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Langara is committed to enhancing our diverse workforce.