New Job Assistant Controller/Controller In British Columbia
Company : AXYS Technologies Inc.
Salary : Details not provided
Location : British Columbia
AXYS Technologies Inc. (AXYS) has designed, manufactured, sold and supported remote environmental monitoring platforms for nearly 50 years. We provide service offshore and oceanographic environmental monitoring equipment with a focus on data acquisition and display systems for site assessment, routine weather and sea state monitoring, water and air quality monitoring and process control. We serve a global market with international experience in more than 80 countries around the world. Located in beautiful Sidney, British Columbia, AXYS is one of Vancouver Island’s most sought after career choices and offers competitive compensation and benefits to its staff. We also support a remote work force with employees and contractors in multiple provinces and countries, and we would be open to out of area candidates.
This is an opportunity to take the next step in your career and round out your experience at an established company with a global footprint in clean energy technologies. You will have the chance to be recognized for your contribution to the company’s success as you help us build out our business practices in new high growth areas. As a trusted business partner to managers in other areas of the company, your accounting expertise and business acumen will be an important input to optimizing our operations. This is a chance to get exposure to a variety of situations to enhance your skillset while delivering demonstrable improvements.
Location: This work can be done remotely in area or out of area for an extended time period. The ability to meet occasionally at the corporate headquarters in Sidney, BC will be useful in the future.
Salary dependent on experience.. Contract resources will also be considered.
Areas of Responsibility
Candidate will work with the existing part-time Controller and finance team and will either serve as Assistant Controller or Controller, depending on experience and availability.
Responsibilities will be depending on experience, but will likely include
Accounting policies and procedures: help to define and implement new procedures to manage two high growth business segments (parts and data services)
Business process optimization: drive the automation of current accounting work to reduce administrative workload for field personnel (manage Expensify)
Cost Accounting: provide oversight of the cost accounting system and inventory management process
System implementation: support the migration of legacy businesses to the cloud; assist managers in defining their information needs and developing business requirements (fixed assets, leasing)
Core Monthly Accounting work:
- Drive the month-end close preparation and workpaper maintenance on an unconsolidated and consolidated basis
- Prepare monthly journal entries (including prepaid, deposit, fixed assets, ROU assets, lease liability, intangibles, payroll, goodwill etc.)
- Assist with budget and forecasts preparation
- Assist with year-end audit requirements
- Drive PST and GST tax reporting and filing, collect information for CRA and SHRED reporting
- Drive VAT claims management
- Monitor collections and work with Customer Support to improve AR turns
- Aid with the oversight of AP and AR processes, and provide invoicing support for complex billing
- Lead efforts around cash flow management and collections
- Provide back up support when needed for basic processes across AR/AP/Cash Management/Payroll
- Ad hoc analysis, as and when needed
- University degree in financial or accounting required. Professional designation desired
- Manufacturing and project accounting experience
- Public practice experience would be an advantage
- 4+ years of related accounting experience
- Strong financial reporting skills with Canadian Accounting Standards for Private Enterprise (ASPE) desired
- Payworks, Intuitive ERP or Salesforce CRM experience a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills and outstanding analytical skills
- Ability to work within a team as well as independently with all stakeholders
- Detail oriented with problem-solving ability
- Strong analytical, system, organizational and attention to detail skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Strong stakeholder management focus
- University degree in financial or Accounting required. Professional designation, desired but not essential.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your applicable experience, salary expectations, goals related experience as they pertain to this position at AXYS Technologies Inc. along with references using the form at our careers page: http://www.axys.com
We thank all those who apply to AXYS Technologies Inc., but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.
Part-time to full time hours: 30 - 60 per week
Expected start date: 2021-11-01
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Contract
Salary: depending on experience and role
Most employees work from home. Regulated access to the workplace. Full protections in place to limit exposure.
Part-time hours: 30 - 60 per week
Expected start date: 2021-11-01
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Permanent
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 1 year (preferred)