New job Administrator, Systems in Yukon
Company : City of Whitehorse
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Yukon
Job posting closes: Thursday, October 21, 2021 at 5:00 pm Yukon Time
An Eligibility List may be established from this job posting – The duration of the eligibility list may be up to 12 months. The eligibility list may be used to fill* future permanent full – time, permanent part-time, temporary full – time, temporary part-time, term or casual vacancies* based on the requirements of the organization within the same classification. Future vacancies for similar positions will be filled by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires.
This position is covered by a collective agreement between the City of Whitehorse and the Public Service Alliance of Canada/Yukon Employees Union.
The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.
Job Code: 272
Department: Business & Technology Systems
The incumbent provides technical systems administration, support, and maintenance for the City’s physical and virtual servers, enterprise storage and backup infrastructure and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer, install, configure, update, maintain all computer systems, segments and related IT infrastructure, platforms, applications and services including but not limited to: Windows and Linux servers, Active Directory, virtual servers (VMWare), enterprise storage (SAN), backup systems, etc.
- Administer systems software and logical components and manage licenses.
- Administer enterprise storage and backup infrastructure. Ensure integrity of storage and backups systems. Perform periodic storage and backup/restore tests.
- Determine and analyze IT system requirements. Design, deploy and maintain the integrity of servers, middleware, storage, backup, and related systems. Conduct periodic systems needs/impacts assessments. Monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of IT systems and services and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders on technical matters relating to computer infrastructure, enterprise systems, platforms and services.
- Secure and maintain integrity of enterprise systems, platforms, applications and services by maintaining robust privacy and security activities and by developing systems access, monitoring, control, and evaluation as required.
- Compile systems Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), metrics, and statistics. Create and maintain systems documentation (diagrams, charts, plans, etc.) and reports. Record and maintain inventories, licensing, account management, standards. etc.
- Provide input into various departmental objectives including but not limited to: budget, policies, procedures, standards, business and services continuity, disaster recovery, data backup strategies, plans and processes, etc.
- Assist in the implementation of IT projects, services, processes, and the deployment of systems and application.
- Adhere to IT Service Management (ITSM) and Systems Development Lifecycle (SDLC) principles and project management methodology and best practices.
- Coordinate, prepare, process and evaluate purchasing instruments (i.e. RFP’s, RFQ’s, contracts, purchase orders, etc.) in compliance with procurement practices.
- Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Perform other related duties and tasks as assigned.
This description contains the elements necessary for the identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Majority of the work is performed under normal office conditions. Lifting of equipment will be required occasionally.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Information Technology or a computer-related field.
- Industry standard certification (ITIL, MCSE, MCSA, VMWare, Server+, A+, etc.)
- 3 years' advanced experience in information technology enterprise systems infrastructure, platforms and service support and 6 months on the job training.
- Ability to work and maintain accuracy under pressure, attention to details and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- Strong client-service orientation and good interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
Computer hardware such as desktop and laptop computers and peripherals, tablets, mobile devices, printers and enterprise systems hardware (servers, tape backup, etc.)
Computer software such as Microsoft Windows operating systems, Linux Operating System, virtualization systems, MS Office suite, SharePoint, iOS, Android, enterprise software, corporate systems, etc.
Job seekers are required to create an online profile and submit their application electronically through the City's online Applicant system via www.whitehorse.ca/careers. Instructions on applications are provided at https://www.whitehorse.ca/departments/human-resources/how-to-apply. If you have any further questions regarding this posting, please contact the recruiter at HR@whitehorse.ca.
To apply for this position, you are required to submit your resume.
Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the recruiting process.
At the time this posting closes, candidates must have valid and current licenses/certifications/education that match the position requirements. Candidates who are selected to continue with the recruiting process will be required to provide proof of qualifications during their interview
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations