New job Trainer in New Brunswick
Company : Medavie Blue Cross
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Trainer
Employment Type: Temporary - 12 months
Location: Moncton, Montréal, Dartmouth or Etobicoke
Salary: Comprehensive Compensation
Reports To: Team Leader
Closing Date: September 26, 2021
Applications are now being invited for the position of Trainer/ Facilitator. As a member of the Operations Training team, you will be primarily responsible for the training delivery to new and existing employees. You will assist with the design, development, and the organization of the various training information. You will conduct Needs Assessments to understand the needs of the learner and monitor progress from training delivery through testing and evaluation and share results with leaders to ensure training measurement and success. You must use a positive and creative approach to the facilitation of training using a blended learning methodology (i.e.: virtual training, e-learning, self-taught modules, etc.). You will have an opportunity to facilitate training in virtual settings.
- Evaluate the training needs by interviewing staff and managers to complete training needs analysis.
- Deliver end-user virtual training for Operations teams through various learning instructional methods (eLearning, virtual instructor-led, collaborative, blended) from a virtual platform.
- Apply the principles of adult learning and adult learner styles to be able to adapt to each learner’s needs.
- Provide support for learners during and after training to reinforce desired learning outcomes.
- Assist with designing and development of a range of learning programs.
- Validate course design (documentation, flow and style), test the output and provide feedback.
- Link with our Quality Management System team, analyze audit results to identify trends, prepare reports on results, highlighting anomalies and propose training solutions.
- Acting as a professional mentor/coach while leading training and modeling personal development.
- Evaluate performance outcomes and observed behaviours. Provide Leaders with a documented report including score, behaviours and recommendations.
- Ensure the engagement of participants during learning sessions, fostering respect amongst the group, creating an environment which is conducive.
- Bachelor’s degree/ College diploma or equivalent in a related field.
- Minimum 1-3 years of training/facilitation experience preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of and practical application of Adult Learning and instructional delivery principles.
- Possess a sound understanding of positive coaching techniques.
- Experience in Customer Service experience a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Excellent time management skills and must be detail oriented.
- Experience using e-Learning software such as Adobe Captivate is an asset.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Training in process improvement or Six Sigma methodology an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and spoken. Bilingualism in both official languages is a strong asset for this position.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
In order to keep our employees, candidates, and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our employees are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding and most work takes place remotely at this time. For those employees who must work in our offices, we have taken every precaution to ensure the health and safety of our people by providing strict protocols/practices to meet legislated client and company needs, as well as modifications to the worksites to mitigate the risks for everyone's protection.
Job Segment: Claims, Testing, Business Process, Six Sigma, Insurance, Technology, Management