New job Trade Commissioner in Manitoba
Company : Global Affairs Canada
Salary : $79,516 - $113,222 a year
Location : Manitoba
Winnipeg (Manitoba), Regina (Saskatchewan), Saskatoon (Saskatchewan)
$79,516 to $113,222
Closing date: 29 September 2021 - 23:59, Pacific TimeWho can apply: Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
ONLY APPLICATIONS RECEIVED DIRECTLY VIA JOBS.GC.CA WILL BE ACCEPTED. Applications by e-mail will not be accepted.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the
Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
Please ensure you read all poster notes thoroughly as they contain important information that will be required in the application process. Failure to read the notes and follow the instructions could result in your application missing critical information and having insufficient information for the assessment board to complete your assessment resulting in your elimination from the process.
**The assessment board cannot make any assumptions about your experience. It is insufficient to say that you have the required qualifications, to refer to your resume, or to list your current duties. When completing the screening questions, candidates must clearly demonstrate, using clear and concrete examples, how they meet essential and asset qualifications.**
PRE-SCREENING QUESTIONS: As part of your application, you must complete pre-screening questions.
FOR EACH CRITERION/QUESTION, please provide the following MANDATORY information:
1 - Name of the company or organization where the experience was acquired.
2 - Title of the position occupied and duration for which you exercised the functions.
3 - Specific details of tasks, projects or accomplishments demonstrating the experience was acquired.
The answers provided to the screening questions will be the main source of information used to evaluate applicants. Failure to provide complete answers may result in job applications being screened out from further consideration in this process. Applicants will not be solicited for incomplete or possible missing information.
"Asset qualifications" could be used either at the screening phase or to determine which candidate will be appointed. Therefore, if candidates meet the asset qualifications, they should also describe in the related screening questions how they meet these qualifications using detailed and concrete examples.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Your ability to communicate effectively in writing may be assessed from your cover letter, resume and application.
Our organization offers a healthy, inclusive and diverse workplace where respect, teamwork, and collaboration are part of our culture, and where innovation is valued.
Global Affairs Canada is committed to promoting and supporting values such as equitable treatment, accommodation and an environment free from harassment and discrimination as well as encouraging and supporting employees to work at their full potential.
Intent of the process
The intent of this process is to staff one (1) position on a term basis.
Future needs: A pool of partially qualified candidates may be established and may be used to staff identical or similar positions within Global Affairs Canada. Tenures and official language requirements may vary according to the positions being staffed.
Positions to be filled: 1
Information you must provide
A covering letter "A cover letter of 350 words (maximum) in administrative format in which you describe the experience and qualifications you have to offer the Regional Office of the Trade Commissioner Service, as well as the reasons that motivate you to apply for this position and which lead you to consider that you would be the best candidate."
In order to be considered, your application must clearly explain how you meet the following (essential qualifications)
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in a field relevant to the duties of the position.
- Significant* experience in business, investment promotion, trade promotion, economic development or business development;
- Experience in developing and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders to advance program or policy objectives;
- Experience in drafting reports, presentations or briefing materials for senior management**;
- Experience in providing service to clients.
- Significant in this area refers to a level of experience that is normally obtained with three years or more experience.
**Senior Management is understood to mean officials at Director level and above.
- Knowledge of global economic trends that have an impact on how Canadian companies compete and succeed in international markets;
- Knowledge of federal government programs and services available to assist Canadian companies pursuing international business opportunities.
- Ability to analyze the operational capacity of a sector or an organization to expand internationally at both a microeconomic and macroeconomic level;
- Ability to provide strategic advice to companies on their international business plans and on how to access related government services;
- Ability to communicate effectively orally;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Client service orientation;
- Teamwork and cooperation;
- Network and Alliance Building.
If you possess any of the following, your application must also clearly explain how you meet it (other qualifications)
- Masters degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with an acceptable specialization in commerce, marketing, business administration or international trade;
- Degree equivalency: Certified International Trade Professional designation (FITT).
- Experience in analyzing trade, investment, or economic issues; or developing trade or business policies.
- Willingness to work in an office in Saskatchewan or Manitoba (this is not a remote work position).
- Willingness and able to travel domestically and occasionally internationally;
- Willing and able to attend and participate in events outside of normal working hours;
- Willingness and able to work overtime on short notice;
- Holder of valid driver’s license.
The following will be applied / assessed at a later date (essential for the job)
Information on language requirements
Conditions of employment
Secret security clearance
The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the Canadians we serve. We promote employment equity and encourage you to indicate if you belong to one of the designated groups when you apply.
Information on employment equity
For this selection process, it is our intention to communicate with candidates via email. This will include communication of screening results and invitations to assessments. To that end, candidates must include a valid email address in their application. It is the candidate's responsibility to ensure that this address is functional and that it accepts messages from unknown users (some email systems block these types of email).
It is also the candidate's responsibility to ensure accurate information is provided and updated as required. Only employees of the same group and level, or equivalent, will be considered for a deployment, secondment or assignment. Please note that an assignment or secondment requires the approval of your supervisor.
A written exam may be administered.
An interview may be administered.
Reference checks may be sought.
Preference will be given to veterans first and then to Canadian citizens and permanent residents, with the exception of a job located in Nunavut, where Nunavut Inuit will be appointed first.
Information on the preference to veterans
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.