New job System Administrator in Quebec
Company : Ubisoft
Salary : Details not provided
Location : Quebec
Creating the unknown since 1997. At Ubisoft Montreal, we’re united by a common goal: to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. We develop iconic franchises that engage millions around the world, like Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, For Honor, Rainbow Six, Watch Dogs – and, well, we can’t disclose all our secrets just yet.
Our biggest strength is – and always will be – our people: the immensely talented team members surrounding, supporting, and producing the high-quality games that have made our studio what it is today.
When you join Ubi MTL, you’ll discover a workplace that sparks inspiration and connection: an environment with a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We offer a collaborative space that provides career advancement, a host of learning opportunities, and meaningful benefits centred on well-being.
Here, our shared desire to dream big, take risks, and constantly improve contributes to the innovation and boundary-pushing that ultimately leads to our collective success.
As a DevOps administrator, you will be joining Ubisoft’s IT Production team which provides the required tools for game production. Our partners are located in every Ubisoft studio around the globe and rely on us to maintain and improve their technical assets.
We are looking for a DevOps Administrator who strives for best practices. Working with Kubernetes and open-source products, you will be automating deployments and managing the cloud infrastructure in an agile environment.
You will be working with the development team partaking in discussions about the tools and their use within game production.
- Run the daily operations of systems: distributing storage nodes, web and database hosting, as well as other proprietary and open-source software;
- Work with the development team to maximize service availability and advance the scope of support;
- Perform thorough technical analysis of incidents and coordinate resolutions with other IT teams;
- Identify and apply corrective measure to prevent any type of service degradation or outage;
- Maintain optimal customer satisfaction levels;
- Create and maintain detailed technical and user facing documentation;
- Oversee application security;
- Stay informed of best practices and develop leading expertise in Ubisoft’s technologies;
- Participate in defining the standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics;
- Assist in evaluating new requirements, technical designs and standards.
- Good knowledge of Linux operating systems CentOS 7/8 or related distributions;
- Good knowledge of container – Docker and orchestration tools - Kubernetes;
- Good Knowledge of scripting with Bash and Python as well as Git and CI/CD pipeline automation mentality;
- Knowledge of NoSQL Databases such as MongoDB, Redis as well as monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Prometheus and ELK Stack is an asset;
- Working in a fast-paced environment where multitasking abilities and time management are key;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills Oral and Written comprehension of English and French.
Just a heads up: If you require a work permit, your eligibility may depend on your education and years of relevant work experience, as required by the government.
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.