New job Supervisor - Recreation and Psycho-Social Services (Long Term Care Homes) in Yukon
Supervisor - Recreation and Psycho-Social Services (Long Term Care Homes)
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $90,020 - $104,504 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is to fill one permanent full time and one term full-time term (18 months till April 2023), and will be used to fill any anticipatory full-time term and permanent positions.
At Health and Social Services Continuing Care, your best is our best too!
Our philosophy of care is “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”
Reporting to the Manager, Resident Care, this position is responsible for planning, leading, implementing and evaluating the delivery and operation of recreation and psycho-social services within Copper Ridge Place. This position will carry a clinical load in the incumbent’s trained discipline, and also supervises Recreation Therapists, Social Workers, First Nation Liaison Workers, Coordinators of Volunteer Services, Spiritual Care Providers, and Recreation Therapy Assistants.
For more information about this position and what it entails, please contact Ilir Azizaj at (867) 667-9357 or email@example.com
For assistance on how to apply on this posting, please contact E-Recruitment Client Support at (867) 667-9453 or E-Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other questions on this posting, please contact Kimberly Ponsioen at (867) 332-7082 or email@example.com
Before you apply, please make sure you are eligible by visiting E-Recruitment Application How-To; unfortunately we are not able to participate in the Federal Government’s Yukon Community Pilot.
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based on the information you provide in your resume; ensure you use a month/year to month/year format. For more assistance on how to write a resume for Yukon Government, please visit our E-recruitment How-To webpage.
- Degree in Recreational Therapy, or other related occupation
- Experience providing supervision to direct care staff within a multi-disciplinary team setting
- Experience in planning, leading, implementing and evaluating the delivery and operation of recreation and/or psycho-social services
- Experience providing leadership and person-centered care in a long-term care setting is an asset
Please do not email resumes to the email address above; applications will only be accepted through E-Recruitment.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Strong client focus including a commitment to supporting a client-focused culture and the promotion of quality of life, dignity and respect
- Ability to promote and model the establishment, development, and application of positive organizational values, ethical practice, and working relationships across many disciplines
- Demonstrated change management skills, leading effectively through fast changing environments to create and implement change
- Talent for modeling strong inter/intrapersonal skills, fostering the learning and abilities of the team through own self-awareness and reflection
- Excellent planning and delivery skills such as oral/written communication, critical thinking, and organization
Conditions of Employment: TB Screening, RCMP security screening vulnerable sector, WHMIS 2015 certificate, Valid Class 5 Drivers Licence, and a valid professional registration are all required prior to hire.
Job Requirements: Bending, reaching, climbing stairs and driving; Exposure to the potential for burns, dust, fumes and/or loud noises from equipment use; Exposure to infectious diseases; Exposure to animals and to second-hand smoke from residents; Exposure to emotional, physically abusive, and/or dissatisfied residents.