New job Supervisor Home Care Interdisciplinary Team in Yukon
Supervisor Home Care Interdisciplinary Team
Company : Yukon Government
Salary : $90,020 - $104,504 a year
Location : Yukon
This posting is for a 10 month term working 75 hours bi-weekly
Your work, your life: balance
People like to throw the phrase around.
But what does it really mean to have work-life balance? Is it just about balancing your time at work with your time away from it?
In Yukon, we see it as the joy of living that comes from experiencing achievement and enjoyment in both your work and your personal life. Our communities, our lifestyles, our recreational and cultural options, and the opportunities for service, education, and personal growth means Yukoners don’t wait around for the joy of life to arrive; its here and now for us.
Turns out, work-life balance is just another way of saying you’re moving to a Continuing Care Career in Yukon.
Continuing Care’s philosophy is “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents and clients, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living. “
As part of the Care & Community branch, the Yukon Home Care Program provides client-focused health services in the home, improving quality of life and supporting Yukoners to live independently. Our Core Values include client & community-focused care; excellence in care; collaborative team approach; respect & dignity; and a Commitment to whole health.
Home Care is looking for an individual with experience in community care, has strong supervisory skills in combination with leadership experience, and is committed to serving the needs of home care clients. Reporting to the Manager, Community Care, this position provides leadership and clinical supervision for an interdisciplinary team with a broad range of service responsibilities. This individual will need to have the ability to work collaboratively with a variety of different care providers and community partners, as well as other Health and Social Services branches to ensure that clients’ needs are met and staff are well supported.
For more information about this position, please contact Heidi Croucher, Manager, Community Care at (867) 332-3240 or Heidi.Croucher@yukon.ca
For more information about the recruitment process, please contact Ann Caron, HR Consultant at (867) 332-6273 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not email resumes to email address above; resumes may only be accepted through E-Recruitment. Link to create your account to apply here
*Refer to here for more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon Government posting *
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications – specifically – how your work experiences and related duties align with the essential qualifications shown below. Note that selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Currently registered as a health care professional
- Recent supervisory experience in an operational health or social care setting
- Experience planning, developing and implementing new health or social care services or projects
- Experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team to deliver clinical services
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Supervisory experience; including the ability to mentor, coach and transfer knowledge to staff
- Ability to identify, analyze, develop and implement methods for service issues, problems and situations
- Ability to lead quality improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge and experience in care coordination
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and professional partnerships
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills to support a diverse team
- Ability to take a broad-based, strategic approach to develop new or changing Continuing Care services to accommodate the needs and circumstances of Yukon residents
- Commitment to providing quality client care
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with a respectful emphasis on First Nation’s culture
Conditions of Employment: TB screening, Vulnerable Sector RCMP Security Clearance, CPR Level C (obtained within the past 18 months), valid Yukon Class 5 driver’s licence, WHMIS 2015, current registration in the candidate’s field of practice.
Job Requirements: Exposure to animals, second-hand smoke from clients, heavy lifting and bending, exposure to latex products and occasional travel by road and air, both in and out the Yukon Territory.
Relocation expenses may be considered.