New job Supervisor, Financial Reporting (Re-post) in British Columbia
Supervisor, Financial Reporting (Re-post)
Company : City of Richmond BC
Salary : $50.88 - $60.19 an hour
Location : British Columbia
Supervisor, Financial Reporting (Re-post)
The City of Richmond is committed to be the most appealing, livable, well-managed community in Canada, a goal that is only made possible by developing our most valuable asset – our people. This is a great opportunity to join our team and shape our community. The City of Richmond offers competitive pay programs, comprehensive benefits and attractive incentives. If you are looking to make a difference, and to share our vision “to be the most appealing, livable, and well-managed community in Canada”, then please apply.
The Supervisor, Financial Reporting will perform a variety of technical accounting duties in the preparation, maintenance, and processing of financial transactions including Accounts Payable, in support of the Financial Reporting Department.
Examples of key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee Financial Reporting and Accounts Payable sections and staff.
- Responsible for accurate financial reporting through the appropriate application of accounting standards.
- Responsible for preparing and maintaining internal procedures and training/coaching of staff to ensure quality and staff meet the City’s service standards.
- Allocate work to staff based on priorities, resources, and capabilities in an aim to complete work in a timely manner while developing staff.
- Ensure the processing of invoices/payment to suppliers is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Accountable for the review of financial transactions and the appropriate working papers/schedules are prepared for yearend audit.
- Administer financial policies.
- Review financial procedures for innovation opportunities and implement change management.
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements, quarterly reports and other financial reporting requirements.
- Oversees and provides guidance on the application of GST and PST, and remittances.
- Leads the external audit and prepares the consolidated financial statements and the entity financial statements for the City, Library and LIEC.
- Ensures the integrity of financial information in PeopleSoft for reporting purposes.
- Exercise professional judgement and knowledge in areas such as analyzing the City’s financial data, assisting in financial reporting, identification of internal control deficiencies and implementation of procedures and policies.
- Assist in providing business advice and analysis in department reports to committee, projects, and other financial matters.
- Maintains effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles for the public sector.
- Knowledge and proficiency with a large ERP system such as PeopleSoft or an equivalent enterprise resource planning system.
- Knowledge and familiarity with financial processes and procedures in a municipal government environment.
- Knowledge of community charter and statutory reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of GST and PST application in a municipal setting.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Ability to provide leadership, technical advice, knowledge and training to staff.
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive materials with a high degree of tact and discretion.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and execute against tight timelines.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and database management is critical.
- Ability to successfully pass a Police Information Check (PIC) for the financial sector.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in the areas of Commerce or Business Administration and possessing a current professional accounting designation is required.
- A minimum of 5 (five) years, job related experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of full time supervisory experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above is required.
- Completion of a current professional accounting designation is required.
- Duties are performed in an office environment.