New job Senior Staff Accountant in Manitoba
Senior Staff Accountant
Company : Accountor CPA
Salary : $50,000 - $60,000 a year
Location : Manitoba
Who Are We?
We are a rapidly growing online/ remote accounting firm. We are paperless, tech-savvy and we think outside the box. We operate with a start-up mentality where we focus on innovation and continuous learning; adapting quickly when changes are needed.
With the use of Zoom, Slack and other online tools we collaborate to offer a truly client-driven approach.
We are looking for a team member with the right mix of skills that pairs wonderfully with our firm’s unique culture.
- The role is a remote role, where you will be working from your home!
- Flexibility in schedules!
- In our culture, everyone’s voice is heard and everyone’s voice matters!
- We are relaxed and easy-going- no more suits required!
- Competitive remuneration, awesome teammates, a truly collaborative workplace, a real opportunity to learn and grow- and so much more!
- Prepare small and private business compilation engagements (NTR), financial statements and corporate tax returns
- Prepare journal entries as required
- Prepare and review of working paper files and corporate tax provisions
- Review general ledger accounts activities for reasonability in regards to the allocation of revenues and disbursements
- Preparation and review of corporate and personal Income tax returns
- Thorough knowledge, understanding and ability to prepare HST, EHT, WSIB, and Payroll returns
- Prepare T4s, T4As, T5s
- Communicate with clients and the Canada Revenue Agency
- Monitor and manage filing deadlines for various projects
Minimum Requirements for This Role:
- Minimum of 3 years of notice to reader and compilation engagement preparation in a professional tax or accounting firm
- Fluent in English, oral and written with excellent communications skills
- Experience with various tax software, Excel, Xero, and QuickBooks Online
- Good understanding of accounting principles and tax compliance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Notice to Reader: 2 years (required)
- Preperation of Financial Statements: 2 years (required)