New job Senior Java Developer in New Brunswick
Senior Java Developer
Company : Mariner Innovations
Salary : Details not provided
Location : New Brunswick
As one of the largest independent technology companies in Atlantic Canada, Mariner has a team of over 200 IT and software professionals working with clients both regionally and across the globe. With extensive capabilities in the areas of analytics, automation software, information security and IT consulting, Mariner has been delivering innovative solutions with a strong emphasis on productivity and customer experience since 2003.
Mariner Innovations is seeking Java Developers to join our IT Professional Services Team. In this role, you will be responsible for client-based projects and, in collaboration with our delivery and sales teams, you will deliver best of breed solutions to new and existing customers. Responsibilities include performing analysis, design, coding, testing and documentation for internal products and clients as the project schedule requires and deadlines dictate.
- Assist in the analysis and design for system conversions and migrations
- Develop and document detailed design from a top-level design specification
- Work with system design specifications, develop detailed specifications for software programming applications or test case
- Design, code, debug, and documents programs
- Maintain and document programs in accordance with standards
- Involved in the maintenance and enhancement of existing operational application systems
- Develop business knowledge and customer relationships where appropriate
- Provide technical documentation with an increasing focus on functional documentation
- Schedule and estimate development tasks
- Perform code review of other developer’s components
- Assists in developing code prototypes to demonstrate proposed solutions
- Postsecondary education in in software engineering/computer science or equivalent experience.
- Post Secondary Education
- Core knowledge in Java, SOA
- 8-10 years experience in Software Development
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming languages and principles
- Strong knowledge of relational database technologies and platforms
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize new technologies
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Highly motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry is considered an asset
Why Mariner Partners?
We believe in making a positive impact in the communities where we live and work – our team is located in major cities all across Canada, throughout the US and internationally. We are proud to be headquartered here, and are passionate about growing a strong technology sector here in Atlantic Canada and beyond. We offer competitive compensation; benefits packages and training and development.
We recognize that empowered employees are more innovative, more efficient, deliver better customer service and can flat out-perform conventional organizations. Our people have built products for national deployments at the world’s largest TV and Internet companies and leading real estate, financial and government organizations.
We are looking for passionate IT professionals who are curious about data, who love solving problems for customers and who want to grow their careers.
Join our growing team!