New job Senior Executive Administrative Coordinator in Nova Scotia
Senior Executive Administrative Coordinator
Company : Province of Nova Scotia
Salary : $4,183 - $5,241 a month
Location : Nova Scotia
Type of Employment: Permanent
Union Status: Exclusion - Non Union - NSPG
Closing Date: 9/23/2021 (Applications are accepted until 11:59 PM Atlantic Time)
The Department of Justice is responsible for the administration of justice and for promoting access to justice and the safety and security of Nova Scotians through justice-related programs, services, and initiatives. We are guided by the principles of preventative and restorative justice in fulfilling our mandate. Our efforts to promote safety, security, and access to justice for Nova Scotians span all areas of the Department and include programs and services that assist vulnerable people including Indigenous Nova Scotians, African-Nova Scotians, and Nova Scotians with disabilities.
To accomplish its mandate, the Department provides services through seven core business areas: Public Safety and Security; Court Services and Sheriff Services; Correctional Services; Maintenance Enforcement and Victim Services; Accessibility Directorate; Restorative Initiatives Unit; and, Legal Services to Government. For more information on the Department of Justice please visit our website: https://novascotia.ca/just/
About Our Opportunity
As the Senior Executive Administrative Coordinator, you are responsible for leading and coordinating a broad range of activities and functions and ensuring an efficient and effective operation of the Executive Office. You are also responsible for the planning, and coordination of activities in support of departmental programs and services. In addition, you gather and analyze information, assess options, and make recommendations as appropriate. Your work plays a pivotal role in contributing to the Government's agenda, policies and activities and to ensuring the successful implementation of programs and services.
- Represents the Executive Office to internal and external representatives, and facilitates the resolution of inquiries.
- Monitors revenues and expenditures, adherence to procurement guidelines, and leads budget forecasts.
- Works closely with the Deputy or Minister keeping them well informed of priorities and requests.
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities of the Office by liaising with senior management, representatives of other government departments and agencies (federal, provincial, and municipal), stakeholder organizations and associations and the public.
- Coordinates planning and daily operations of the Executive Office by leading and coordinating key activities. This includes researching, prioritizing, and following up on incoming issues or concerns. It also includes overseeing meeting scheduling and appointments, drafting and tracking correspondence, and effective filing and tracking of documents.
- Coordinates a variety of special projects as requested by the Deputy or Minister. Provides project coordination, Reviews project documentation to ensure all deliverables required, as per policies and standards, are completed.
- Works collaboratively within the Executive Offices, supporting and providing back-up and assistance to other Coordinators as required.
Qualifications and Experience
To be successful in this role, you have completed a one-year business or administrative course and hold substantial executive level administrative experience. An equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
You are a self-motivated, resourceful, and proactive individual who works well autonomously, while collaborating in a team environment. You value the concepts of equity, diversity, and inclusion in all areas of your work. You possess excellent interpersonal skills, and communication skills, both written and verbal. With a keen attention to detail, you can manage multiple competing priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic, continuously evolving work environment. Furthermore, you are effective at building strong relationships and managing client inquiries.
You possess tact, diplomacy, and respect confidentiality as you respond to the needs of senior officials including the Minister and Deputy Minister, as various government departments, including the Office of the Premier. You will solve problems independently, while keeping the Deputy Manager informed of actions taken.
In addition, you have experience in calendar management including scheduling and organizing appointments. Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook) is also critical. You have experience tracking, composing, and editing correspondence and have experience maintaining paper and electronic files.
Competencies required for this position include: Analytical Thinking, Adaptability and Flexibility, Attention to Detail, Client Orientation, Effective Interactive Communication, Initiative, and Intercultural and Diversity Proficiency.
We will assess the above qualifications and competencies using one or more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
$2,091.49 - $2,620.36 Bi-weekly
Based on the employment status and Union agreement, the Government of Nova Scotia offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs. Click here to learn more about our various benefits offering and eligibility criteria.
- May be required to work overtime on occasion
- Work is performed in comfortable office environment
- Position requires the ability to be resourceful and balance multiple priorities
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity based in Halifax.
What We Offer
- Career Development where you have access to career guidance, tools, resources, and ongoing training for every stage of your career.
- Engaging workplace. Our Employees feel valued, respected, connected, and tuned in. We have forward-thinking policies and strategies.
- Countless Career Paths.
- Department Specific Flexible working schedules.
Pay Grade: EC 07
Salary Range: $2,091.49 - $2,620.36 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
Current government employees may access this posting through the link below:
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to Competitions@novascotia.ca.